News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

stinsssson.jpg

If you're going to have sunny skies with fluffy clouds in your rendering, at least take a picture of the existing building when the sun's out! That looks awful.

I'm actually starting to wonder if Harry has some sort of formal psychiatric condition, like a delusional disorder. 80 storeys in Hamilton by 2009? That's just bizarre.

Hmmm let's see.

He's not sure the building is worthy buying yet, but says he'll be making a bid. He hasn't raised the money yet, but says he's really going to. He is talking about renovating the hotel first, with a condo "wow" tower to follow down the line, though he's already showing renderings promising an unprecedented number of storeys and speculative height.

It all sounds like more of the same inflated nonsense with a hefty side helping of snake oil. If he can actually get the hotel - a depressing thought - let's hope his improvised financing schemes don't burn any of his speculated upon tenants, as happened at 1 King West.

royal_connaught.jpg

Stinson has deposited $100,000 based on an agreement yesterday which gives him 30 days to pay $9.4 million. He's doing that because there's currently already a group of local investors planning to renovate the Connaught Hotel, they bought the Hotel for something around $4 million.

If Stinson pays within 29 days the Hotel and the land is his and the local investors walk away with a profit themselves, though I can picture them being partners with Stinson in the future.

For me his credibility all lays on paying $9.4 million within 29 days. If so then to me it's serious.

Stinson and Hamilton? It's too hilarious, I'm glad I opened this thread.

After this fails, what next? 91 stories growing out of a former Jiffy Muffler in Bramalea? 102 stories atop a pizzeria in Renfrew?

He's like the energizer bunny of failure.

I think some might be confusing his "proposal" with his true intentions.

He's trying to build some buzz. He's trying to get this thing noticed. Half of being a good developer is being a good promoter, and that may in fact be the only half that Stinson has.

The numbers just don't add up, it's not even close. Harry knows that. His plan will be to renovate the current hotel and make a bit of money on that and then MAYBE, attempt the condo tower after regaining come credibility, and if he does it will be a 40 storey tower, tops.

But as long as a fictional 80 storey tower is in pictures and in peoples heads, they will talk, it will build buzz and speculation, it will draw up interest, and I think that is the whole idea.

Well, if Harry can get back into the development business and help out Hamilton at the same time, good for him.

That being said, I'm not sure some eighty floor condo would work. That city has plenty of neat old warehouses and buildings which would make great conversions, though.

At least he's keeping the drama alive.

Wow. 3D yet again steps up to deliver big laughs.

Is that a skyscraper in your pocket, or are you just happy to find a community where no-one knows your condo past?

I tell you, he's the Lyle Lanley of the condo world.

Back