News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

You can find more details about the Rossdale transportation network changes in the Rossdale thread

1719623650305.png

I wonder if they’ll use lane control (like Connors Rd) for Walterdale
This seems to be most appropriate given that it's 3 lanes.

I think I'm at peace with the High Level being repaired. I do think that it's ultimately going to turn into an expensive ship of Theseus ordeal, but so be it for the historic place. I do know that a replacement would have 3-4 lanes, even with an LRT addition, so I'm happy that the crossing will be forced to remain with 2.

Perhaps it's worth revisiting the high level line, though. With the strengthening of Edmonton's bike network, this crossing falls very short, and I think the sidewalk is best used for just that.

LRT as imagined by the city isn't the only option for rail transport from Jasper to Whyte along the path maintained by ERRS, in my opinion. When they say they bridge can't support LRT Vehicles, surely they're talking about the current fleet of Bombardier LRVs.
I see no reason why lighter weight, on-wire only versions of Brookville's streetcars couldn't be used for consistent service to Whyte. (See photos)

I do not want the city to ever step on the toes of ERRS, infact I'd appreciate funding for them from the city as they effectively act as a transit agency for many in the summer. It's just a shame that this route is only used, and viewed by many as a historical ride. I wanna tap my ARC card to get on the ERRS trams please. Thanks

Streetcar-3.jpg
Doors-scaled.jpeg

OK-resize-1024x643.jpg

This seems to be most appropriate given that it's 3 lanes.

I think I'm at peace with the High Level being repaired. I do think that it's ultimately going to turn into an expensive ship of Theseus ordeal, but so be it for the historic place. I do know that a replacement would have 3-4 lanes, even with an LRT addition, so I'm happy that the crossing will be forced to remain with 2.

Perhaps it's worth revisiting the high level line, though. With the strengthening of Edmonton's bike network, this crossing falls very short, and I think the sidewalk is best used for just that.

LRT as imagined by the city isn't the only option for rail transport from Jasper to Whyte along the path maintained by ERRS, in my opinion. When they say they bridge can't support LRT Vehicles, surely they're talking about the current fleet of Bombardier LRVs.
I see no reason why lighter weight, on-wire only versions of Brookville's streetcars couldn't be used for consistent service to Whyte. (See photos)

I do not want the city to ever step on the toes of ERRS, infact I'd appreciate funding for them from the city as they effectively act as a transit agency for many in the summer. It's just a shame that this route is only used, and viewed by many as a historical ride. I wanna tap my ARC card to get on the ERRS trams please. Thanks

View attachment 576458View attachment 576459
View attachment 576460
Challenge with HLL is there’s too much uncertainty. I think we should commit to a rebuild that kills 5 birds with 1 stone.

HSR & government centre terminal. Festival line LRT/BRT crossing for central circulator. Linear park with walking/biking connections. 3 lanes of vehicle capacity and no weird turns anymore.

Back