News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Frankly, the transit museum should already have a couple graffiti covered trains.

Tell me again why you support and advocate criminal vandalism? At the very least, in the context of the HCRM, it is *entirely* historically inaccurate as graffiti is an alien, debased activity imported from the US that was unknown during the G-car era and for a good time after that, but I take it you're too dense to understand even this.

Incidentally, a bullet to the head is too good for these scum.

@ sean: I still hang around and lurk, but don't post too much anymore. But as you well know, vandalism and the TTC and disorder on the system are very close to my heart (for personal reasons re: my dad who was a driver for thirty years), and I will *not* tolerate any argument advocating such a destructive activity. So I don't bring out the big guns like I used to years ago, but something like this really gets my goat. It's a shame these old cars that served Toronto with dignity for thirty-six years - and that I have fond memories of riding - have to be at the receiving end of imbecilic, coddled, worthless middle-class kids playing "gangsta" and indulging in pathetic, self-absorbed and willful destruction of property based on some misplaced nostalgia for New York c. 1978.

This actually raises a related issue.

The town of Milton has been demanding the museum pay development charges in order for their proposed new car barn to be approved. The town has been asked many times to waive the fee because it is a museum and not a developer, but they have so far refused.

While I hope that the police are able to catch the criminals, I hope that the museum is able to use this tragedy to put the screws to town council.

This actually raises a related issue.

The town of Milton has been demanding the museum pay development charges in order for their proposed new car barn to be approved. The town has been asked many times to waive the fee because it is a museum and not a developer, but they have so far refused.

While I hope that the police are able to catch the criminals, I hope that the museum is able to use this tragedy to put the screws to town council.

why would they be so stupid? it's a tourist draw that puts the town on the map.

why would they be so stupid? it's a tourist draw that puts the town on the map.

I frequent Milton quite a bit, so I've seen the growth the town has undergone in the last 10 years. When you're seeing that kind of development, its easy to get addicted to development charges.

But we all know how addiction can end...

That was actually some not-bad looking graffitti.

Now. Who wants to shoot me, electrocute me, hit me with a bar of soap in a sock, or make vague thuggy threats against me?

What a dumb-ass thread this has turned into.

That was actually some not-bad looking graffitti.

That's your opinion. I think it's ridiculous that some undoubtedly middle class kids think tagging historic subway cars is a worthwile thing to to do.

I think the "threats" are a bit much, but what is wrong with expressing a negative reaction to some senseless vandalism?

I think some of you vandalism-endorsing hipsters got your bookmarks wrong; last I checked, this wasn't Spacing Wire.

I know it is vandalism and all but for some reason I don't care about those old subway cars. I distinctly remember having the lights grow dark/dim way too often in the tunnels as a little kid.

/cue boogeyman/axe murderer themes

i don't understand the level of hostility here.
This is not permanent damage, the cars can just be painted again. And I'm sure they will.

It's certainly a shame that the museum will have to pay for it, but my goodness. Even for hyperbole, this is a bit much. It's just some paint.

Truth is, I certainly don't endorse vandalism, though I'm mindful of the fact that this is something that can just be painted back over. If it was any more destructive, I'm sure I'd be quite upset.

But the nonsense earlier was like a Simpsons parody in waiting. What does it take to get a bunch of urban nerds so angry they start frothing death threats? Paint on a heritage subway car.

comic-book-guy-13018.jpg

It's certainly a shame that the museum will have to pay for it, but my goodness. Even for hyperbole, this is a bit much. It's just some paint.
It's thousands of dollars of costs for an organisation that can't afford it.

Though I couldn't see any tagging in the photos ...

Back