News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I sometimes wonder if those water stations are abused. For example, water being wasted or lack of sharing.

Last edited:

Here all this time we paid for camping spots out in Long Lake every year. I could have saved the $20 bucks a day and just camped out on Gateway!

zefymjS.jpg

I think I’ve seen a couple of homeless seniors (with grocery cats) in Sherwood Park. I wonder if they lost their houses.

There must be a big encampment alongside Groat. Almost hit a fella on Groat Rd northbound by the 102 ave bridge while he was towing a whole cart while walking in the right lane toward oncoming traffic at 6:15 am…

Honestly, for all the disappointment and genuine frustration I have with this government regarding this file and others, it's nice to see this positive news. Looking at Homeward Trust's numbers, we're already at full shelter capacity. A bit more, with this 200 spread out outside the downtown area is a nice little win.

this small study provides very strong evidence in favour of a basic-income policy as an approach to homelessness

"There’s a stark contrast between public perception and the reality of how homeless people spend money, says a researcher who gave 50 homeless people in British Columbia $7,500 each to do with as they wished.

Instead of blowing the windfall on “temptation goods,” such as alcohol, drugs or cigarettes, they spent it on rent, clothing and food, the study led by University of British Columbia researcher Jiaying Zhao found."

this small study provides very strong evidence in favour of a basic-income policy as an approach to homelessness

"There’s a stark contrast between public perception and the reality of how homeless people spend money, says a researcher who gave 50 homeless people in British Columbia $7,500 each to do with as they wished.

Instead of blowing the windfall on “temptation goods,” such as alcohol, drugs or cigarettes, they spent it on rent, clothing and food, the study led by University of British Columbia researcher Jiaying Zhao found."
Unfortunately the study excluded people with addictions.

Back