News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

EDM addict - is that what I am? I've just discovered www.globaltrance.pl from Poland - spendid
there's just a plethora of trance and other online EDM station. just to name a few...

DI.fm
- They have a lot of channels. you can definitelt find something that you like.

ETN.fm
- started off not too long ago. maybe 3 or so years. they have really good quality streams and play some good sets from popular dj's to up-and-coming dj's. they have a trance and progressive channel.

2hp.ca
- a smaller station that is local guy from toronto. they play live sets from various dj's all across the world. it's mostly trance, but on friday it's all house.

tranceaddict.com
- don't know if you know about this community or not, but it's all about EDM music there. i've been a member there for over 4 years and it's a great group of people. forged some great friendships there. i hang around the local Toronto forums so if you ever come by, say hi.

there's just a plethora of trance and other online EDM station. just to name a few...

DI.fm
- They have a lot of channels. you can definitelt find something that you like.

ETN.fm
- started off not too long ago. maybe 3 or so years. they have really good quality streams and play some good sets from popular dj's to up-and-coming dj's. they have a trance and progressive channel.

2hp.ca
- a smaller station that is local guy from toronto. they play live sets from various dj's all across the world. it's mostly trance, but on friday it's all house.

tranceaddict.com
- don't know if you know about this community or not, but it's all about EDM music there. i've been a member there for over 4 years and it's a great group of people. forged some great friendships there. i hang around the local Toronto forums so if you ever come by, say hi.

Thanks for the sites smuncky! I went straight to Goa & Psychedelic Trance and am giving my shoulders a real good work out as I type. I'm a bit long in the tooth for clubbing so I was thrilled to find internet trance. I started collecting dance beats in the 60's starting out with MoTown and have just ridden the wave since then.

I really have no idea. I stopped listening to the radio years ago when they started playing Eminem on 102.1.
I think that was around when they started calling themselves Edge102. Thankfully that and the Eminem experiment didn't last long. It's better now - sure they play Nickelback (who doesn't?) but theres good stuff on there too. It's the only station I can tolerate.

102.1 doesn't just play mainstream rock, which is what makes it great. There is a lot of indie music, and a lot of retro music as well. And yes, they have always played other genres of music including rap: Beastie Boys, Outkast, K-OS, Delerium, etc. Yet there is some music that they inexplicably ignore, like 70's punk

102.1 doesn't just play mainstream rock, which is what makes it great. There is a lot of indie music, and a lot of retro music as well. And yes, they have always played other genres of music including rap: Beastie Boys, Outkast, K-OS, Delerium, etc. Yet there is some music that they inexplicably ignore, like 70's punk

It's better than other mainstream stations, but if you listened to CFNY in the 80's and early 90s, you would realize that it's gone way downhill ever since. Exhibit A - Nickelback.

It's better than other mainstream stations, but if you listened to CFNY in the 80's and early 90s, you would realize that it's gone way downhill ever since. Exhibit A - Nickelback.

The only radio I listen to is CBC 1, so no concern about commercials there to begin with.

The Edge's format is more or less "new rock" so 70s punk doesn't really fit in. Still, they acknowledge punk's importance. Especially if you listen to the Ongoing History of New Music - 70s punk comes up all the time. They even did a six part series on the history of punk.

The Edge's format is more or less "new rock" so 70s punk doesn't really fit in.

Except that they don't play "new rock". They play rock from the mid 90's, like Pearl Jam, Nirvana. Ugh, get OVER it! There is so much new stuff that they avoid.

Back