News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

When I was a young lad in 1970’s UK I would see electric milk vans and trucks, I believe from this company https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morrison-Electricar. It’s funny how what was old tech is new again.

Next I predict the return of the steam-powered fire truck.

Jumbo-1889-9-Ton-Amoskeagfor-Hartford-Fire-Engine.jpg

Last edited:
This thing looks badass.

They don't say what type of apparatus it is. The clip highlights safety, emissions, drivability, etc. but if it is other than a rescue or support truck, getting to the scene is only the first step in firefighting.

Only if they’re put to work offsetting a carbon fuelled machine or vehicle. Otherwise they’re just big dogs, farting out methane.

Actually, horses are not ruminants (multi-chambered stomachs) - they have a single stomach. What comes out the back end of a horse look very similar to what went in the front; they are very poor disgestors of coarse fibre (grasses),that's why they graze constantly. They do, obviously produce some methane, as it is a byproduct of digestion, but proportionately no more than us. . . well . . . some of us.

America’s best selling vehicle goes electric.

the big question is what happens to the range when towing ??​

2022FORD F-150 LIGHTNING SPECS​

Standard RangeExtended Range
Power426 hp (est.)563 hp (est.)
Torque775 lb-ft (est.)775 lb-ft (est.)
Range230 miles (est.)300 miles (est.)
DrivelineFour-wheel driveFour-wheel drive
Charge time (150 kw)44 min (15-80%)41 min (15-80%)
Payload2,000 pounds (est.)1,800 pounds (est.)
Towing7,700 pounds (est.)10,000 pounds (est.)
Wheelbase145.5 in145.5 in
Length232.7 in232.7 in
Width80.0 in80.0 in
Height78.9 in78.9 in
Approach angle25.4 deg25.4 deg
Breakover angle17.8 deg17.8 deg
Departure angle24.2 deg24.2 deg
Bed volume52.8 cu-ft52.8 cu-ft
Front trunk volume14.1 cu-ft14.1 cu-ft

interesting watch , Porsches take on E Fuel
Greenwashing. Gasoline creates localized emissions. I don't think we should be happy with this being used in cities. For ocean shipping or air travel, I am more open to the idea. And I am open to hobbyist use of legacy vehicles. For that use, I'm not that fussed whether it is synthesized or made from oil.

Not if a Trumpist wins in 2024. That country swings so unpredictably that IDK.

Tech change is inevitable. Keep in mind that some regions are forecast to hit parity in 2 years at $100/kWh.

And battery prices are forecast to halve from today's price by the end of the decade. At that point BEVs will be cheaper to build for OEMs and cheaper to own and operate for you virtually everywhere in the world. This is why carmakers are increasingly committing to phasing out tailpipes either later this decade or in the 2030s.

Europe is already starting to see gas stations close in high adoption jurisdictions. We'll start to see that early next decade too. Gas stations, quick lube shops, brake repairs and a lot of independent mechanics will be going away through the 2030s.

As to the topic at hand, I think oil probably has at least one solid bull run after this one. Mostly because nobody is good at forecasting oil demand and the impact of EV growth right now. Should be more obvious in 5-10 years.

Tech change is inevitable. Keep in mind that some regions are forecast to hit parity in 2 years at $100/kWh.

And battery prices are forecast to halve from today's price by the end of the decade. At that point BEVs will be cheaper to build for OEMs and cheaper to own and operate for you virtually everywhere in the world. This is why carmakers are increasingly committing to phasing out tailpipes either later this decade or in the 2030s.

Europe is already starting to see gas stations close in high adoption jurisdictions. We'll start to see that early next decade too. Gas stations, quick lube shops, brake repairs and a lot of independent mechanics will be going away through the 2030s.

As to the topic at hand, I think oil probably has at least one solid bull run after this one. Mostly because nobody is good at forecasting oil demand and the impact of EV growth right now. Should be more obvious in 5-10 years.
In addition to the environmental benefits, I‘m looking forward to the end of the Middle East’s dominance and influence in Western political, diplomatic and military policies. No more endless wars over oil would be nice for my grandchildren. Though I don’t know what the ME rulers and people will do, become sand farmers?

Locally I’ll be glad to see the gas stations go. My local Esso on Parliament and Amelia is a noisy, Tatooine-bazaar like mess that splits Cabbagetown’s retail strip and makes it dangerous to walk across the gas station entr/exit.

Last edited:

Back