News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I've seen so many near accidents at this interchange. People don't pay attention to road signs, and end up driving over the grass that divides the exit to the highway to avoid going Westbound on the QEW.

Also walking through that tunnel is creepy as hell.
Last time I had to, there was blood on the ground in it. It looked fresh too. Talk about freaked out haha.

Have you ever actually been at this part of Mississauga?

Yes, many times. Forgive my skepticism that replacing a full cloverleaf with a partial cloverleaf will have any sort of an effect on urbanizing the area. Pedestrians and cyclists will still have to cross freeway ramps.

Yes, many times. Forgive my skepticism that replacing a full cloverleaf with a partial cloverleaf will have any sort of an effect on urbanizing the area. Pedestrians and cyclists will still have to cross freeway ramps.

That is like saying there is no difference Futurama and Rugrats. They are both cartoons, so they must be the same.

So, back to a future that never was. Turn this pioneering cloverleaf location into a traffic circle a la Southdown Road

That is like saying there is no difference Futurama and Rugrats. They are both cartoons, so they must be the same.

I cross a parclo near where I live every once in a while, and it is no fun. Cars on the street crossing the highway zoom into the ramps, and there is no indication at where the sidewalk meets the road who has right-of-way. And then cars turning right off the exit ramp without regard to pedestrians who may be crossing.

Tell me that the 403-Hurontario or 401-Hurontario interchanges are fun to cross!

Even with the tunnel (which is likely there because not because of the cloverleaf set up, but because the underpass is too narrow), there are many worse interchanges in the GTA. The best "urban" interchange is likely a simple diamond interchange or slip-ramps off reconfigured service roads.

Taking note yesterday that the Bronte Service Road bridge is now bereft of its abutments...

I think my main issue with this particular parclo, is that the length of roadway between the traffic light and the onramp at the north end of the parclo (the bottom of the attached image), isn't long enough. This will (and already has) resulted in increased traffic congestion.

Liittyma_ParcloA4.png

I think my main issue with this particular parclo, is that the length of roadway between the traffic light and the onramp at the north end of the parclo (the bottom of the attached image), isn't long enough. This will (and already has) resulted in increased traffic congestion.

Liittyma_ParcloA4.png

If what I saw last week going south is any indicator what traffic will be like once this intersection is done, pack as lunch.

The bus had to wait 3 light changes at the north service road because the light going south where the northbound cars turning left onto the ramp for the QEW was very short. Traffic was backup north of the service road and this was Sat.

The set of light should be working for the eastbound ramp this month.

The off ramp for westbound is in the process of being built.

The plan LRT will have problems in this area if thing go the way I see them now and may require a tunnel to get pass this interchange. Time will tell.

I suggest we wait till this interchange is fully built. Once it is, it'll be like every other parclo in Mississauga and function normally.

It really is confusing right now with the way they have the temp lights setup. It will hopefully be much better when finished.

2012 and 2013 are the completion dates for the current bridge construction over Bronte Creek and Sixteen Mile Creek. Once this is done, the highway will be upgraded to 6 lanes (current) with an addition of HOV lanes. HOV is NOT coming to Mississauga, especially around the interchange which this thread is centered on.

Wow, more HOV lanes? Those things are an absolute waste of time and money. Just put in the extra lane!!

Why? Just because you don't carpool doesn't mean that people don't benefit frrom them immensely. LA has an extensive carpool network, and I've saved literally hours thanks to them.

My problem with the HOV lanes is the MTO's refusal to designate existing lanes for them. Not such a problem with the QEW where it runs concurrent with the 403 (between two major interchanges), or the 404, but where the 400 is to be widened north of Rutherford Road, the HOV lanes will start and stop there. So coming south, you might pick up the carpool lanes at King Road, and then get stuck in general traffic as soon as you hit the section below. It really looks like a greenwashing of what would otherwise be a regular highway widening, mainly because of the haphazard nature of it.

Why? Just because you don't carpool doesn't mean that people don't benefit frrom them immensely. LA has an extensive carpool network, and I've saved literally hours thanks to them.

I occasionally use the 403's carpool lanes actually, and it makes no difference. Going eastbound from Erin Mills, cutting across the gridlock is dangerous as hell, and then you need to crawl along for a few minutes until the dotted lines begin. Once you're in the lane itself, you're travelling 80 km/h while everyone else is moving about 20 km/h slower. If 4 lanes were completely open, the overall traffic flow would move much greater than it currently does.

It really looks like a greenwashing of what would otherwise be a regular highway widening, mainly because of the haphazard nature of it.

I agree, highway widening by stealth is what HOV lanes have become in America when they choose to add an HOV lane instead of removing a previously built lane. A number of USA jurisdictions are replacing HOV with normal flow due to the 'haphazard nature of them.'

Back