News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why you got so severely triggered by the mere suggestion that the B-D subway be extended deeper into Scarborough.

Good luck here. Maybe best to take this discussion back into the Scarborough "merits" thread and the mods should maybe change the name to "Merits of connecting Scarborough's Core areas into existing infrastructure" as the SSE is only one of 3 points of contention from what ive always expected. The second is Sheppard East and third is Malvern which will be coming up soon after.

I personally don't support the subway to Markham rd Sheppard subway extension right now as I can see a hybrid solution here, but I know from living in the area previously there is very solid support for it and the if the Sheppard LRT is going to be implemented the way it was proposed in Transit City, its going to become another point of contention once its called out again. And whether its the Sheppard LRT, improved Sheppard bus or subway hybrid the subway still has to get extended to Sheppard IMO so a big debate is coming soon after. Compromise will be key to avoid disaster politics again.

Last edited:
Sorry, but this thread is not going to be merged with anything connected to reality. If you want to debate Scarborough extension merits, just go back to that thread, and leave this one for impossible fantasies.

That fact has long been proven, this thread just celebrates that.

Don't people value their time?

I see a series of other new useless "fantasy" threads coming,...
If North York was De-Amalgamated, what would its own transit system look like?
If Etobicoke was De-Amalgamated, what would its own transit system look like?
If York was De-Amalgamated, what would its own transit system look like?
If East York was De-Amalgamated, what would its own transit system look like?
If Toronto (core) was De-Amalgamated, what would its own transit system look like?

Quickly followed by other more useless "fantasy" threads,....
If Mississauga was Amalgamated, what would its/our transit system look like?
If Brampton was Amalgamated, what would its/our transit system look like?
If Vaughan was Amalgamated, what would its/our transit system look like?
If Richmond Hill was Amalgamated, what would its/our transit system look like?
If Markham was Amalgamated, what would its/our transit system look like?
If Pickering-Ajax was Amalgamated, what would its/our transit system look like?

Vexatious - causing or tending to cause annoyance, frustration, or worry.

I think that vexatious threads should be closed by the mods. This thread is like the Twilight Zone.

There are a lot of threads where the topic might not be absolutely essential, and where a Mod could decide that the discussion was less than helpful, and close it… but that might rile others who are participating in it. Why not just stay away from the threads that you find vexatious?

Indeed. I am drinking the Koolaid. :) But one can express an opinion.

Vexatious may be one take. Downright goofy another.

Last edited:
BTW, I am totally against Scarborough Subways. (As in B-D Extension)

Okay, if you're so obsessed over a deamalgamated Scarborough with its very own transit system, let me test you on broader matters of Scarborough Pride (no, not the LGBT kind of "Pride"). Without Googling, do you know who Doris McCarthy is?

"If Scarborough was De-Amalgamated, what would its own transit system look like?"

Perhaps something like this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back