News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I find it hard to believe that most cities don't have strung wires along the street.

Although personally I wouldn't notice either way.

I wholeheartedly agree. It's like the people at Toronto Hydro are completely blind when it comes to aesthetics. There's no plan to improve things, just ad hoc work to keep the street lights on it seems. Even in the Junction on Dundas the actual streetlight fixtures on those ornamental poles sometimes go missing for months. When construction finished on a new public space at Keele and Annette replacing a bus loop, redundant hydro poles where not removed for months.

It's not uncommon to see streets with inconsistent streetlight designs, or peripheral lighting like the sidewalk lights on Roncesvalles never fixed.

It's a mystery how they could work in such ignorance of the importance of their infrastructure in terms of aesthetics and peoples' perception of the city. It seems quite provincial.

They were burying the hydro lines along St. Clair Avenue West during the construction of the streetcar right-of-way, and people got angry with all the digging the holes for they electrical conduits. So they decide not to burying the hydro lines along Roncesvalles, and people are getting angry with not burying them. Make up your mind people. If you want the hydro lines buried, there will be a disruption.

Please bury the hydro lines....or if not feasible, at least make them out of something that doesn't rust so badly...

They were burying the hydro lines along St. Clair Avenue West during the construction of the streetcar right-of-way, and people got angry with all the digging the holes for they electrical conduits. So they decide not to burying the hydro lines along Roncesvalles, and people are getting angry with not burying them. Make up your mind people. If you want the hydro lines buried, there will be a disruption.

I think St. Clair looks really nice with the buried lines. Hell, I'd almost be worth doing Transit City just so that their corridors have their lines buried. There are parts of Eglinton W that are pretty gawdawfull with all the overhead wire clutter.

Last edited:
I think St. Clair looks really nice with the buried lines. Hell, I'd almost worth doing Transit City just so that their corridors have their lines buried. There are parts of Eglinton W that are pretty gawdawfull with all the overhead wire clutter.

I think Dundas is the worst, all that clutter makes me sick.

Stop personifying Toronto, it's not a deity, though the rest of Canada still strokes itself demonizing it. One of it's great allures is that it's never going to be the set piece, - long live arrested/arresting development. Toronto is my kind of town.

Round up all the gangs'ta types who commit 90% of our gun crimes and send them packing. An impossibility I know, since where to send them? But, if we could make it happen, imagine the near total lack of gun crime we'd have - it would be like Tokyo or Singapore.

Round up all the gangs'ta types who commit 90% of our gun crimes and send them packing. An impossibility I know, since where to send them? But, if we could make it happen, imagine the near total lack of gun crime we'd have - it would be like Tokyo or Singapore.

You can thank Mr. Trudeau for them gangstas.

"If you could change one thing" ... Can I make Thorsell and Libeskind twins and kick them both out? Does that count as one thing or two?

He opened the flood gates for them to come.
This is a myth. Racial rules were eliminated from the immigration laws in 1962 under John Diefenbaker's Conservative government. Lester B. Pearson's subsequent Liberal government opened up immigration from the Caribbean. By the time Trudeau came to power in 1968, the process of immigration from non-European countries including the Caribbean was well under way. As an immigrant myself to Canada in 1976, I am thankful that Trudeau let my family into the country.

My point above was that if we could change something about Toronto, by somehow eliminating the gangst'a menace we would reduce our gun crimes down to Tokyo-like levels. I'm just not sure how we go about making this change for Toronto's benefit.

He opened the flood gates for them to come.

Oh really? So when they filled out their papers, if they checked off, 'likely to commit crime', Mr. Trudeau thought it would be a perfect fit for this country? As we all know, there was no crime in Canada before they came :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, this country would be shinking without immigration. And of all the cities to benefit because of it, Toronto is on top of that list.

I'm getting some really ugly undertones from your posts. If you're going to be an asshole, you might as well be overt about it and stop this hinting.

Back