News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Yeap, they are all cleared out...No sign or trace that they were there except for some spare Ikea catalogues sitting behind the window..

Welcome to the forum, Uk_property.

By the way, nobody has posted in this thread for five years.

It is kinda relevant because there was some discussion in another thread that very much related to this kinda thing, but whether it'd work in Toronto or not.

It is kinda relevant because there was some discussion in another thread that very much related to this kinda thing, but whether it'd work in Toronto or not.

You will notice that the earlier posts are dated 2005 and if you look at the IKEA Coventry website they are NOT downtown - at least not yet. If IKEA are moving towards smaller city-centre stores it is happening very slowly.

Hah the monkey was cute, but no way we should be keeping them as pets. I predict an upswing in sales of shearling coats. My favourite image macro:

5xho1.jpg

Since we're discussing the current 4 IKEA locations in the GTA in this thread, which location do you guys think is most well laid out? What are things that you like best and least about each? And what are your overall impressions?

1) North York
2) Vaughan
3) Etobicoke
4) Burlington

I've never been to the Vaughan store, but I prefer the Etobicoke store out of the other 3. I think it's the easiest to maneuver.

I've never been to the Vaughan store, but I prefer the Etobicoke store out of the other 3. I think it's the easiest to maneuver.

The last time I went to the Vaughan store I thought it was pretty well laid-out. It wasn't as crazy and busy as the North York store, which is closest to me. Plenty of parking at the Vaughan store too. It being the newest of the bunch probably helps make it a fairly pleasant overall experience, even though most IKEAs follow the same feel layout-wise.

It will be the second biggest one in Canada, surpassed only by the recently-expanded Montreal store, and moving ahead of Ottawa's new(ish) IKEA.

The Etobicoke location seems to be expanding. Last week, while driving by, I noticed a lot of steel built up at the entrance of the store. Ok, I just found it out - seems to be a warehouse expansion.

"Due to the warehouse expansion on the West side of the building at IKEA Etobicoke this year, Christmas trees are being sold on the East Side of the building."

Back