News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The second floor showroom looks ready (as seen from street-facing windows on both Yonge and Gerrard). The store should be open soon.

7E837CBC-A4B3-4FA4-8D85-CE6CB600A70F.jpeg

DC35C41F-9AB3-42EB-99B5-CBEF1DC322AC.jpeg

93630956-89B3-43A4-A6E4-71D6FFABF751.jpeg

with a side of meatballs

Isn't that the *real* reason why we go to Ikea in the first place?

Well I am not going to line up to buy the very last Billy bookcase I can get before running out of wall space.

And who doesn't have a Billy bookcase? I know I can use another 3...

AoD

Isn't that the *real* reason why we go to Ikea in the first place?

And who doesn't have a Billy bookcase? I know I can use another 3...

AoD
I went through the Ikea website yesterday. Billy bookcases are not available at that location. Same for patio sets, sofa beds; even folding chairs like the gunde. Most things I'm looking at are not available at that location.
My excitement level has gone from a 10 to a 4. Will definitely go check it out.

I went through the Ikea website yesterday. Billy bookcases are not available at that location. Same for patio sets, sofa beds; even folding chairs like the gunde. Most things I'm looking at are not available at that location.
My excitement level has gone from a 10 to a 4. Will definitely go check it out.

This location is basically going to be a showroom plus knckknack. I don't expect any serious furniture to be available there at all. I have heard that Ikea is having some supply chain issues right now with a lot of items unavailable anywhere.

AoD

This location is basically going to be a showroom plus knckknack. I don't expect any serious furniture to be available there at all. I have heard that Ikea is having some supply chain issues right now with a lot of items unavailable anywhere.

AoD
I get that. What I had in mind, something like this:
Use the space to showcase the furniture for small spaces then provide you with the option of getting it shipped to your location. Will find out next week.

I get that. What I had in mind, something like this:
Use the space to showcase the furniture for small spaces then provide you with the option of getting it shipped to your location. Will find out next week.

Ideally (hopefully?) in time they can reclaim the entire podium/basement and have a least some stock on site for popular items (like Billy!!!).

AoD

Retail-insider has a new story up that features a tour of the new store as well as an assortment of facts; I'll let people follow the link for the pics, but I will bring forward a factoid or two..

From the above:

1653017615490.png

1653017632847.png

1653017694997.png

1653017711329.png

For the rest............and the pics, follow the link!

Back