News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Found this interesting example online. It is on 17th Ave SW, at the NE corner of the intersection with 24A Street. So, right along the Main Street, where we just put in a significant streetscape upgrade. It is live-work units, so hopefully some active uses on the main floor. The DP has been approved, based on the IG post it sounds like construction is starting soon:

View attachment 463494
Current location:
I don’t feel this fits in to the area.. seems like a generic H-GO you’d find in the middle of Bankview. Doesn’t the ARP identify ground floor retail along 17 AV? I get that the live/work units fulfil the commercial aspect, but it’s just so bland.

Found this interesting example online. It is on 17th Ave SW, at the NE corner of the intersection with 24A Street. So, right along the Main Street, where we just put in a significant streetscape upgrade. It is live-work units, so hopefully some active uses on the main floor. The DP has been approved, based on the IG post it sounds like construction is starting soon:

View attachment 463494
Current location:
Nice little design but I wish it was on a backstreet somewhere. TBH, I'm surprised the developer is going with only 4 units on a busy street such as 17th for a couple of reasons. Who would want to live in larges units like that on a busy street like 17th, and also the location would be better suited for 2-3 parcels converted to a 5/1.

Nice little design but I wish it was on a backstreet somewhere. TBH, I'm surprised the developer is going with only 4 units on a busy street such as 17th for a couple of reasons. Who would want to live in larges units like that on a busy street like 17th, and also the location would be better suited for 2-3 parcels converted to a 5/1.
My guess is that the parcel is going to be a for-sale project. Rental projects are fine to go with the lower parking ratio (0.5 or 0.625 per unit), but on for-sale projects market expectation is more geared towards 1 stall per unit. My guess is that factored into the decision.

1333430460.jpg

Infill project next to Buckmaster Park in Bankview, at the junction of 16 St and 21 Ave SW.

Infill on confed park. Unfortunately, I don’t believe this project is increasing the density, and may actually be decreasing it. Nice location for those who can afford it.
View attachment 468439
Pretty sure that lot's been empty for a long time. I grew up in the neighborhood and can't remember anything being there before

Pretty sure that lot's been empty for a long time. I grew up in the neighborhood and can't remember anything being there before
It looks like it always was an empty lot. For some reason I thought there were two older houses with basement suites on that lot. My memory must be fading lol.

Back