News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I'm curious what program you're using to generate the images...

It’s a combination of a few tools, mostly built in to MacOS, depending on the type of graphic. Usually:
Base layer is SketchUp, with still images stitched to create a higher-resolution panoramic image with less discernible noise. Then imported to Photos where effects are added > exported to Preview to isolate the image using the instant-alpha tool > imported to a page-layout document in Pages where the background, text and graphics are added > exported as a high-res PDF > exported to JPEG again in Preview.

Unbuilt Toronto - Infographic
In Memoriam : Sapphire Tower and 1 Bloor (Bazis)

Even this day, both would have been impressive additions to the skyline. Sapphire Tower was incredibly ambitious (can't say the same about INDX), and I still like the crown design of the original 1 Bloor (though an inferior product a whole, in contrast to Great Gulf's version).

Full size: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevevephotostream/40158786001/sizes/o/
Unbuilt Toronto Graphic.jpg

Bonus: Future view w/ Sapphire + 1 Bloor.
Unbuilt Future.png

Attachments

• Unbuilt Toronto Graphic.jpg
    Unbuilt Toronto Graphic.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 2,506
  • Unbuilt Future.png
    Unbuilt Future.png
    110.6 KB · Views: 3,847
Steveve, this working is amazing. I just feasted on this thread for over an hour, and I'm barely scratching the surface.

And that street-level view of Yonge and Dundas?

Amaaaazing.

Interesting/funny how, from this angle, the future skyline (mostly in terms of its height peaks) quite closely resembles NYC's: CN Tower/financial = WTC/financial; YSL/Aura/Yonge corridor = ESB/Midtown cluster; 1BW/1BE/Bloor-Yorkville = 57th st./CPS towers.

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 3.31.19 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 3.31.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 3.31.19 PM.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,906
Thanks! ^

Interesting/funny how, from this angle, the future skyline (mostly in terms of its height peaks) quite closely resembles NYC's: CN Tower/financial = WTC/financial; YSL/Aura/Yonge corridor = ESB/Midtown cluster; 1BW/1BE/Bloor-Yorkville = 57th st./CPS towers.

View attachment 136130

You’re absolutely right. And YSL’s roofline would be Toronto’s equivalent of Hudson Yards, and The One would fit either 432 Park or Central Park Tower depending on how you look at it.

I’ll repost what was originally on the first page for additional reference:

Update:
I've been working on remastering the future Toronto model again, refining existing buildings and adding newer additions in-line with current development proposals. Here's a snapshot of the updated appearance and progress so far.

49891853096_34072ff06e_k.jpg

Attachments

• Future Toronto Model 05.13.2020.jpeg
    Future Toronto Model 05.13.2020.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 419

Back