News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

It looks like Ray Finkle's parents house.

lol. I think that's a heritage home if I'm not mistaken. @JoeUrban would probably know for sure. If not, then, yah, it's not long for this world.

It's (44 New St SE) not on the city's heritage inventory, but what's interesting to me is its twin #46 is on the inventory (next door), and arguably 44 is more original (windows especially).
Also all of the cottages behind it are also on the inventory.
Hard to say about longevity, as it appears to have had that paint stripped off for over 10 years!

Heritage home/building by definition, in some circles, seems to be:

- no particular historical significance
- no architectural style of note
- just plain 'old'

Typically I go by what has been evaluated by the Calgary Heritage Authority and successfully made it onto the city's inventory. Anything that does has had a professional evaluation and has several pages of notes on the architectural and historical significance.

Note though, only perhaps by the end of this year will all of Calgary have even been surveyed for possible inclusion. So at the moment an absence from the inventory doesn't necessarily mean it didn't make the cut.

It's (44 New St SE) not on the city's heritage inventory, but what's interesting to me is its twin #46 is on the inventory (next door), and arguably 44 is more original (windows especially).
Also all of the cottages behind it are also on the inventory.
Hard to say about longevity, as it appears to have had that paint stripped off for over 10 years!
I saw those little cottage homes, and remember there being some historical significance to them.

From Thursday's Inglewood Night Market
IMG_5179.JPG
IMG_5180.JPG
IMG_5184.JPG
IMG_5185.JPG
IMG_5187.JPG

Back