News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Somehow I missed this but the Toronto Coach Terminal (Dundas) has closed as the various operators have relocated, including ONTC to the Union Station Bus Terminal as of 4 July

Somehow I missed this but the Toronto Coach Terminal (Dundas) has closed as the various operators have relocated, including ONTC to the Union Station Bus Terminal as of 4 July
It's fitting in a way for that miserable terminal to go quietly into the night without any fanfare.

The final 2 busses to use the old Terminal.
Photo comes from a GO Transit employee Facebook group. The older bus is ex Guelph transit bus currently owned by Canadian Transit Heritage Foundation that ran a special shuttle at 11:32 pm as a ceremonial last trip operated out of the Terminal
FB_IMG_1625754966810.jpg

The bus terminal I miss the most was the old one in Montréal at Berri, the newer one is so sterile and far from the metro.
I wonder what will happen to Terminus Centre-Ville once le REM is in operation? It’s in a much better location… wouldn’t mind if Megabus moved in

How it slipped my mind to go and take photos of the last day of operations, and of the inside of the terminal is something i'll regret 30 years down the line.

I will not miss that hell hole! What a miserable experience that bus station was. From the sketchy dirty disgusting restrooms, to the lining up outdoors, inhaling diesel exhaust and being greeted by beggars, while keeping an eye out for falling pigeon poop from above. In the winter time, the platforms were caked in filthy dirty puddles of slush. It was just gross. The surly rude Greyhound staff and the bus attendant outside yelling at passengers like a drill Sergeant, all seem to fit in with the station's horrible experience! Not a great first impression for tourists!

The final 2 busses to use the old Terminal.
Photo comes from a GO Transit employee Facebook group. The older bus is ex Guelph transit bus currently owned by Canadian Transit Heritage Foundation that ran a special shuttle at 11:32 pm as a ceremonial last trip operated out of the Terminal
View attachment 333635
Just a minor correction: it’s an ex-Woodstock Transit bus. A General Motors New Look built in 1976.

How it slipped my mind to go and take photos of the last day of operations, and of the inside of the terminal is something i'll regret 30 years down the line.
I tried getting some interior photos in the last days. Turns out it’s only open very limited hours during the pandemic. I believe it was 08:00 to 11:00. By the time I arrived it was all locked up.

I tried getting some interior photos in the last days. Turns out it’s only open very limited hours during the pandemic. I believe it was 08:00 to 11:00. By the time I arrived it was all locked up.
I remember a few weeks ago going into the terminal to get out of the hot weather, so i decided to sit and rest in the bus waiting area for a bit in the early afternoon. There was probably 2 bus departures for the day, not until the evening and the security guard tried to hurry me out. I didnt have any of it and I left on my own accord once I was ready.

That was my last experience at the legendary Toronto Coach Terminal.

The bus terminal I miss the most was the old one in Montréal at Berri, the newer one is so sterile and far from the metro.
I haven't figured out quite where the new terminal is in Montreal. I used to use the old one all the time when I lived in Montreal, Ottawa, or Kingston ... Toronto to Montreal on the bus is a bit more than I can bear.

The old one was beautifully located - with a shorter transfer from the Orange and Green lines than changing to the Yellow line at Berri! These days, I've only been at the one at Metro Radisson ... which is also very convenient (sure beats changing to MiWay at Kipling).

Back