News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Well it looks like we've now got a vastly inferior replacement for the Toronto-London route previously operated by Greyhound:

Really wish we could see Greyhound's balance sheets for the last few years. Did profitability just suddenly decline for them to pull out of the West in 2018 and Canada this year?

Could they not find a place downtown or on a transit route to stop? 🤦‍♂️
There's not really an obvious spot if they don't want to buy the Greyhound terminal, and a pretty substantial detour if they are thinking in terms of going to Detroit.

With that said, I'd have hoped for White Oakes Mall with proper local transit connections.

Even the corner of Wellington and Exeter has better bus connections. You can't even legally cross Highway 401 on foot at Highbury.

Even the corner of Wellington and Exeter has better bus connections. You can't even legally cross Highway 401 on foot at Highbury.
Likely because it's cheap and easy to set that up. Dont know why they couldnt use the VIA Station, but i guess getting permits from the city is a problem. You would need to drive there or take a cab.

Could they not find a place downtown or on a transit route to stop? 🤦‍♂️
I hear the old Greyhound Station is available.

Bus seriously the local government should own the train/bus intermodal stations to encourage ease of use. Guelph Central can easily handle new bus service and London's station should be no different.

That might save some time.
It will save time- if you don't drive. It's a 56m schedule and about a 40m drive. It will provide connectivity to the two institutions, with the intermediate communities (ON Bus stops in Coldwater) and with Midland-Penetanguishene and Orillia transits.

Sure VIA will always have some demand, but bus service along the Windsor-London-Toronto corridor always had strong demand. Even stronger demand exists along the London-Toronto corridor.

This Megabus service as currently proposed is a joke.

This Megabus service as currently proposed is a joke
If one thinks positive, this could just be a first step, get your toes wet, Covid service. As time moves on and more people travel and Megabus has some experience with the numbers of passengers, they may consider ramping up far more service on this route.

Bus ticketing: Would be helpful to know which bus fare consolidators (?) actually work.
I see several Ontario coach lines use the Betterez fare platform — but apparently that’s not a portal for checking availability across providers.
And looks like “Busbuster” ain’t it:
996DB83A-AE0B-4264-AB2C-0F7C4BC82F34.png

Back