You're right. I've been to the KWL showroom and counted at least $15 000 worth of Liberty Towers upgrades like engineered hardwood, slide-in stove, backsplash, etc.. The problem is I wouldn't want most of them and/or you can always negotiate many of them into an agreement. Nothing is free and the cost is hidden somewhere. Perhaps KWL starts at a higher price point.

actually prices I believe were quite reasonable. One has to look now at prices including the HST. When I bought which was prior to the HST, it worked out to $410/sq. ft which included 1 parking and 1 locker. If I assume $25K for the parking and 4K for the locker, and subtract that out of the price, it came in at $360/sq. ft (exclusive of the parking and locker). Very reasonable I believe, especially since you say there was $15000 of upgrades which would roughly be $20/sq. ft and you would say it was $340/sq. ft. if the upgrades were not there. (this is based on a small 2 bedroom/2bathroom).

After re-visiting the sales office a second time this past weekend, I can appreciate why the 3 KWL buildings + The Tower sold so quickly, for the very reasonable prices Plazacorp was charging (parking included for 1B+D suite or larger), the standard finishes was OUTSTANDING which included undermount sinks, slide in stove, under cabinet valance lighting, gel burning fireplaces, pre-engineered hardwood flooring ... I was most impressed by the fact that this builder does not offer any upgrades as their finishes were in fact very much 'top of the line' ... no wonder they sold so many units even though their sales reps are jerks (yes INDEED they are)

architecturally I am not blown away by KWL, and I would be a little concerned about living in a massive complex such as this with 1000+ units in which a majority of units were sold to investors / flippers which in turn may translate to many rental units ... but from a product value stand point, I am beginning to change my opinion for the better on this project and sort of like what I see (relative to the pricing), too bad King West is not my area of interest

I wish all purchasers here good luck and congradulate you all on choosing a great project ... I think you have found a great deal !!

Hi everyone, I'm currently living in the Liberty Village area and have been interested in the KWL profject for a while. Now that Phase II and Phase III have been released, I'm looking at perhaps purchasing one of the townhomes. The floorplan I'm most interested (Phase II) is Townhouse 14 with 1168 square feet (per floor) and a price of $396,900:

http://kingwestlife.com/75-floorplans/index.php?id=569&cid=7&subcid=103

This seems bizzarely low when compared to Townhouse 12, which has less square footage (1158 per floor) and a much higher price of $447,900.

http://kingwestlife.com/75-floorplans/index.php?id=566&cid=7&subcid=101

Similarly, Townhouse 13, is even smaller (1086 square feet per floor) and pricier still at $478.900.

http://kingwestlife.com/75-floorplans/index.php?id=568&cid=7&subcid=102

As best as I can figure it all comes down to the view. Can anyone familiar with the building site tell me, based on the above links, what the view of Townhouse 14 would be that would result in nearly an $80,000 price difference when compared to the smaller (by approximately 80 square feet) Townhouse next door?

All 3 of those townhouses are south facing... Aka your facing directly at the Gardiner and all the rail tracks... They all basically have no view at all... Unless your a big fan of trains.

As for the price difference... I am not sure.

Tartlet,
I believe there is an error on the footage of townhouse 14 and that it is in fact is 948 sq. ft/on the ground floor like townhouse 15. The price is the same as town house 15. If you look at the footprint on the map of where it is, it appears the same size as #15 on the first floor yet on the second floor it is bigger. Still, if it is correct and the floorplans are not wrong which can happen, then at least the upstairs is better in # 14.

when comparing to Townhouse #13, the ground floor room sizes (note: living room dimensions are larger 17ft vs. 13 ft in townhome#14 despite it reporting a smaller measurement.

My best buess is that townhouse is 948 sq. ft on ground level and if the upstairs is in fact as shown, then it is better than townhouse 15.

I know this is confusing but try and look at the floor plans and the measurements of townhome 13, 14, 15 on a floor by floor basis.

Hope this helps. And if I a wrong, i apologize.

Tartlet,

In fact, if one looks at the building on the first and second floors and the shadowing for townhouse 14 and its location, I am not even sure that the way it shows the floorplans that it corresponds to where /how the plan lines up with how it shows on the building stie. Therefore, I would confirm the floorplan with the sales office before doing anything. If this makes no sense, just email me and I will try and describe it in further detail. I agree with MattR. No views in any of them but I think the footage may be misleading. If the second floor is in fact larger than #15 next door at 948 sq. ft, and you decide to take one, then take #14.somehow the measurements of #13 do not make sense to be smaller than #14 despite it showing but I am not sure it is that much larger as you gain about 40-50 feet in the living room (4 feet extra) but lose some in the dining room compared to #13.

Tarlet,
one final note: the pricing as you say makes no sense if it is as shown. I know I got shown a plan at Phase 1 where I was going to buy it but there was a price error which Plazacorp realized and hence I could not buy the unit. As you correctly point out, why would this townhouse be so much cheaper if the measurements are correct.
Good luck if you decide to purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you both so much. :)

There is definitely something off, and I think you're right about there being a mistake in the square footage. It does look like 948 square feet on the main floor. The second floor though doesn't really compare / match-up though with Townhouse 15 for 948 square feet. (edited to add that the second floor floorplan looks like it is from Townhouse 9) I'm going to have to go into the sales centre on the weekend to sort it out.

Another related question: Townhouse 14 (as the floorplans currently appear) has everything on its interior floorplan layout that I am looking for. It is also within my budget and still downtown. However, factoring in the lack of a view and potential noise, in the end would it be worth it? Would I really be limiting myself if I ever chose / needed to sell the townhouse? Essentially, on a scale of 1 to 10, how bad are any of those three townhomes' location going to be in terms of noise / view / potential re-sale?

Also, if it's 948 square feet per floor, would maintenance fees be on the total square footage (approximately 1900 square feet combined from both floors) or just on the 948? I should know this but unfortunately I don't.

Last edited:
Tartlet,

I am not an expert but i am guessing the DVP is raised about 3 stories. therefore, given the tracks and the pillars supporting the Gardner, view will definately not be a selling feature. I guess alot would depend on the market when you were trying to sell. Right now, in a hot market, almost anything will sell but you have to consider that if the market were to soften and there is choice, would you choose a townhouse looking at that view. Probably not if there were alternatives UNLESS the price was good. i would suggest since you live in the area already, compare the existing town homes, allow for view/noise/ammenities/condo fees and compare in your own mind what each is worth. If at the end you conclude say this is $20000 cheaper, that may allow for the view/Gardne/tracks. But this is just my own figuring. Hope this helps a bit. I think noise may be a factor but that said I have a unit on the 6th floor at Richmond street/club district. Plazacorp built it and I am very happy with it. They put in windows that cut out 70db so with the windows closed, it is not noisy. Open them up, another story. I would find out if possible about the windows in this unit if you are concerned but remember in summer with open windows, you will definately have noise. that said, you are downtown and that is a tradeoff to be expected.

Sorry guys to tell that you are all wrong. The website is misleading you all. The total square footage for each townhouse is in fact the square footage that is indicated for each floor. basically there is no townhouse that measures more that 1260 sg foot (number 11 )

Sorry guys to tell that you are all wrong. The website is misleading you all. The total square footage for each townhouse is in fact the square footage that is indicated for each floor. basically there is no townhouse that measures more that 1260 sg foot (number 11 )

thanks so toronto for clarifying. I still think that there is an issue between townhouse 14 being the same size as 15 or slightly larger but definately not as large as is being said on their floorplan.

I trust Tartlet will review this and your comments as well.

Hi everyone, I'm currently living in the Liberty Village area and have been interested in the KWL profject for a while. Now that Phase II and Phase III have been released, I'm looking at perhaps purchasing one of the townhomes. ?

Okay, hopefully i can lend some clarity.

the stated SQ FT for the THs refer to the Total Sq Ft, not each level, but the combination of Ground and Second Floor.
also, the areas that are open to below are not included in the indicated Total Sq. Ft.

IMO TH 14 is the better layout without knowing anything about exposure in the area.
Ground Floor : ~ 550 Sq Ft
Second Floor: ~ 625 Sq Ft

PROS:
* large LR (8'7" x 13'10") and DR (10'10" x10'0)
* good sized and efficient kitchen layout
* good storage under stairwell
* 2 sizeable bedrooms on 2nd level with windows
* large balcony on 2nd level accessible from both bedrooms
* HUGE walk-in closet in master bedroom
* wide and shallow suite set up on 2nd level

CONS:
* LR only 8'7" wide
* 2nd bedroom only has ~5'6" ft of closet space
* you will want to double insulate the wall bedroom b/t 2nd bedroom and area open to below to limit noise from TV, music, etc.
* the master bedroom may hear noises from the ground level .... it appears to be a hallway access from Pirandello Street into the building. The same situation is happening on the 2nd last TH.

Last edited:
thanks CDR.
Still don't fully understand though if you look at the shaded area on where this townhouse falls, on the first level you will note what looks like a passage way between town house 13 and 14. and yet, on the 2nd floor, it looks like it is open over the shaded area which is where the passage way is. I hope this makes sense. anyhow, either way, if the floor plans are accurate, we both agree 14 is better than 15 for the same money as the upstairs is bigger.
Hopefully all this will help Tartlet make a "wise" decision.

thanks CDR.
Still don't fully understand though if you look at the shaded area on where this townhouse falls, on the first level you will note what looks like a passage way between town house 13 and 14. and yet, on the 2nd floor, it looks like it is open over the shaded area which is where the passage way is. I hope this makes sense. anyhow, either way, if the floor plans are accurate, we both agree 14 is better than 15 for the same money as the upstairs is bigger.
Hopefully all this will help Tartlet make a "wise" decision.

the following answered your Q regarding the passage way b/t TH 13 and 14:

* the master bedroom may hear noises from the ground level .... it appears to be a hallway access from Pirandello Street into the building. The same situation is happening on the 2nd last TH.

Hi all.

I've bought a condo here but living in Australia, so haven't seen it in real life yet.
Great to see some pics though, please keep them coming.

Also for those that have bought in here, have you been aked to pick colours and flooring etc?

Thanks again can't wait to move in.

Hi all.

I've bought a condo here but living in Australia, so haven't seen it in real life yet.
Great to see some pics though, please keep them coming.

Also for those that have bought in here, have you been aked to pick colours and flooring etc?

Thanks again can't wait to move in.

Hey, Tigers05 welcome to the forum...great investment and neighbourhood, what are you doing coming up to the Great White North...Brr! It's cold, lol:D just kidding.

Here is a pic of the complex looking from this vast piece of empty land to the south.....not sure if this area is going to be developed.

October102011031.jpg

October102011035.jpg

um, so passing by the site yesterday I noticed there is a sign that states Occupancy Fall 2012........is this even possible/realistic given the fall 2013 projected completion I was told at signing in mar 2010?

Back