News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I refuse to step foot inside a walmart on premise of general retail deterioration caused by this megalith (and a host of other reasons).
Well the millions in both the US and Canada that are looking to save money, especially during this high inflation period, are doing the opposite. Walmart serves a very large customer base and not everyone can afford to shop at bougie, high end stores for day to day needs.

^^^^ So then you support child labor, underpaid workers and suppliers, and imports from totalitarian regimes I suppose? And who said that self-sustaining stores need to be high-end?

^^^^ So then you support child labor, underpaid workers and suppliers, and imports from totalitarian regimes I suppose? And who said that self-sustaining stores need to be high-end?
Some people don't have the option though - either they pay what they can at places like Walmart or they don't eat. Walmart isn't great as a corporation but it's serving a need.

Most people are not adverse to slave labour as long as there is something in it for them

Nobody supports any of that; folks are just trying to survive and make their hard earned dollars go as far as they can, as @Avenuer stated.

Frankly, this has to be one of the most insulting posts I've read on this website. Placing this onto end consumers versus the corporations who perpetrate it and governments that enable this to occur is utter bullshit.

Placing this onto end consumers versus the corporations who perpetrate it
Corporations in the Retail World don't survive unless they are supported by people who buy their products... and the judgement against walmart that made news today vis-a-vis opioid drug sales proves that that company will do anything if it benefits their bottom line.

Only a matter of time before Canmore gets one. And when it does, watch as all the hoity toitys in their shiny polished convertables and jacked up Rams flock there for the deals

I'm not sure that you understand the resentment of 'big box' here... well, until you see how many drive to Calgary and quietly go to them.

That said, I can say with confidence that you will never see that retailer here.

If this Walmart engages in their usual habit of sealing itself off from the rest of the mall then I'm definitely not stepping foot inside that Walmart.

If this Walmart engages in their usual habit of sealing itself off from the rest of the mall then I'm definitely not stepping foot inside that Walmart.
I hear ya, and I hope they don't close themselves off but with that said, I see this becoming a very busy Wal-Mart either way.

Back