News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Playing "where's waldo" in your shots always makes me smile. But the biggest smile is reserved for your extraordinary talent... truly one-of-a-kind. We're lucky to have you hang in' around here. Cheers.

Wow, you're way too kind! Thanks so much for checking out my photos and your generous feedback! I sell my photos on canvas or as framed prints if you're ever interested in one. However, this will be the last batch uploaded for awhile as I'm moving away and unplugging till spring. Take care and thanks again for your feedback!

Grand Facade
by kotsy, on Flickr

Hearn Reflection
by kotsy, on Flickr

Untouchable Stairs
by kotsy, on Flickr

Do Not Enter
by kotsy, on Flickr

A-Block
by kotsy, on Flickr

Union Sunrise
by kotsy, on Flickr

Excalibur Sunset
by kotsy, on Flickr

Wow, you're way too kind! Thanks so much for checking out my photos and your generous feedback! I sell my photos on canvas or as framed prints if you're ever interested in one. However, this will be the last batch uploaded for awhile as I'm moving away and unplugging till spring. Take care and thanks again for your feedback!

Where are you moving to?

Kotsy - Great shots! Was the first one in #117 taken from below the new WTC station designed by Calatrava? Really cool.

Wish you a safe and successful move to NS!

All the best in Nova Scotia kotsy. I'm there right now. It's a beautiful part of the world and a great place to gear down, ground oneself, and live a healthy lifestyle. The salt air and super nice locals are a nice bonus.

All the best in Nova Scotia kotsy. I'm there right now. It's a beautiful part of the world and a great place to gear down, ground oneself, and live a healthy lifestyle. The salt air and super nice locals are a nice bonus.
Interesting--my partner and I are ourselves playing with the idea of moving out east. She's actually from PEI, I'm a Torontonian. We figure that Charlottetown will be too much of a shock for us, but Halifax seems to ring the right bells...it's a few years away. But we're definitely thinking about it. There's also just this idea we have about perhaps finally getting out of the city, gearing down, slowing down, living more cheaply, and just...enjoying. The fear is we'll leave Toronto and in six months find ourselves heartbroken.

Interesting--my partner and I are ourselves playing with the idea of moving out east. She's actually from PEI, I'm a Torontonian. We figure that Charlottetown will be too much of a shock for us, but Halifax seems to ring the right bells...it's a few years away. But we're definitely thinking about it. There's also just this idea we have about perhaps finally getting out of the city, gearing down, slowing down, living more cheaply, and just...enjoying. The fear is we'll leave Toronto and in six months find ourselves heartbroken.

One can have a wonderful life in a city like Halifax but it certainly doesn't offer big city delights. The key to a workable move might come down to one's ability to hop on a plane 1-2 times/year and head to Boston, New York, Montreal, or Toronto. Having good company goes a long way too.

Trying the city out for a few months first is a good idea. Experiencing a place as a tourist doesn't give one a good sense of things. It's a tough thing to do picking up stakes and resettling. Something I've gone through a number of times. Have you considered living 45 minutes outside Halifax in a sea port like Lunenburg? What you save on real estate you could put into a sail boat. ;)

Thanks for the comments, guys. Halifax was definitely the perfect place to unwind for me, although it was only for a few months to spend some time with an old girlfriend. Depending on how my summer goes work-wise, I'm planning on going out that way again in the fall (with my camera this time!) to start a cross country trip by train. I did this in the US last May (San Fran to NY) and it was absolutely remarkable. In the meantime, here's some new (and old) snaps...

Flatiron Traffic
by kotsy, on Flickr

Downtown Yard
by kotsy, on Flickr

Chicago Theatre
by kotsy, on Flickr

Old City Stone
by kotsy, on Flickr

The Transamerica Pyramid
by kotsy, on Flickr

Urban Wasteland
by kotsy, on Flickr