I'm thinking about moving into this building but have read some horrible reviews online and on this forum. Can anyone tell me if a lot of their issues gave been resolved now that the building has been open for a year?
We moved into the building in October 2014 and lived through the so-called "horrors". Most, if not all, of the early issues have been addressed, the amenities are well appointed, and the building is so well managed that we recently had a decrease in the monthly condo fees. And, we LOVE the location!

I have been living there for almost 2 years. All the major early issues have been resolved. The amenities are also open. You should go check it out.
Thanks! I'm going to see a 536sqft unit that's available for rent on Monday.

We moved into the building in October 2014 and lived through the so-called "horrors". Most, if not all, of the early issues have been addressed, the amenities are well appointed, and the building is so well managed that we recently had a decrease in the monthly condo fees. And, we LOVE the location!
Good to know. Do you mean October 2015? I thought people only started moving in a year ago. I live at Bloor-Yonge right now, so I'm thinking the location might be a bit of a downgrade for me, but maybe I'm wrong.

Good to know. Do you mean October 2015? I thought people only started moving in a year ago. I live at Bloor-Yonge right now, so I'm thinking the location might be a bit of a downgrade for me, but maybe I'm wrong.
no, interim occupancy opened in oct 2014

Depends what you like. I'd take this location over Bloor/Yonge in a heartbeat.

Actually, I do mean October 2014. The builder started releasing Certificates of Occupancy for lower and mid-rise units in September 2014. Many of the early complaints posted had to do with inhabiting in a building still under construction.

Obviously, it is a matter of likes and dislikes. But in my opinion, this location is hard to surpass: waking distance to Old Town (St. Lawrence Market, Distillery District), Financial and Entertainment Districts, Union Station, Eaton Centre, Rogers Centre, and a myriad of excellent restaurants, bars, and patios. GREAT!!

If I lived downtown this location would be my first choice. Maybe im biased but the 536 sq ft one bed is a nice unit facing east. On the higher floors (over 35th) you will have a nice view. ; )

Y/B has Yorkville, Bloor and Yonge St restaurants and shops. Front and Yonge has short walk to the waterfront, King st shops and restaurants, Esplanade Restaurants and St. Lawrence Market area.

Both have great local amenities but are very different.

If I lived downtown this location would be my first choice. Maybe im biased but the 536 sq ft one bed is a nice unit facing east. On the higher floors (over 35th) you will have a nice view. ; )
Yea it looks like a nice sized unit and it is above the 35th floor. I looked at a unit at Casa II yesterday and it was awful. 463 sqft but felt smaller than my 340 sqft bachelor due to all the wasted space:

http://media.point2.com/p2a/htmltext/e91c/451c/8c17/29eb8e77f4821e698242/original.jpg

I'm really tempted to move to the L Tower after all your comments...hopefully I don't have to compete with too many people on Monday to get it. The other thing really drawing me to the L Tower is a 250mbps synchronous internet connection with Beanfield for $50/month.

Yea it looks like a nice sized unit and it is above the 35th floor. I looked at a unit at Casa II yesterday and it was awful. 463 sqft but felt smaller than my 340 sqft bachelor due to all the wasted space:

http://media.point2.com/p2a/htmltext/e91c/451c/8c17/29eb8e77f4821e698242/original.jpg

I'm really tempted to move to the L Tower after all your comments...hopefully I don't have to compete with too many people on Monday to get it. The other thing really drawing me to the L Tower is a 250mbps synchronous internet connection with Beanfield for $50/month.

Do you have the floorplan for LTower?

Nice trade up! Its a very nice one bedroom plan with a balcony and on a high floor. Hope you are able to secure the unit.. demand for rentals here are high.

Back