Nice trade up! Its a very nice one bedroom plan with a balcony and on a high floor. Hope you are able to secure the unit.. demand for rentals here are high.
I ended up not getting it...I was so disappointed since it was such a nice unit on the 42nd floor. Looks like the search continues.

Is it really that tough out there?
Yep, most of the places I've seen so far have had at least 5 people viewing, and then the landlord picks the best candidate. I guess getting a place for September 1st would be the most in demand though. I'm in no hurry to move though, so hopefully I'll find something during the slower months.

hi- has anyone in the building had an issue with bathroom fan? our stopped working on weekend and bldg. management said we have to fix it ourselves, which is fine, but I couldn't find anyone to come and fix it.
one guy came, but couldn't figure out the system!

has anyone know a good technician?
Thanks

I was going to rent in this building a few months ago and you guys were really helpful, and now I've decided I might just buy a unit. I have a question for people who live in this building. Do units in this building have year round heat/ac or do they do a switchover like most other condos in Toronto? This kind of information is really hard to find for most condos in Toronto!

It's important information based on the number of complaints I see/hear twice each year!
I know! I'm really sensitive to heat when sleeping and currently live in an older apartment building that has individual heat/ac units that work year round, so this is definitely a requirement for me when buying a condo.

L Tower units are equipped with HVAC and ERV units that can heat and cool year round. There is no need to wait for a centralized date to switch between heating and cooling.

Great! A lot of other condos I've looked at have a switch-over date, so this is good news.

Were those relatively new condos? If so I find that a bit disturbing to hear. Everyone should be using the independent heating/cooling units in this day and age IMHO.

Were those relatively new condos? If so I find that a bit disturbing to hear. Everyone should be using the independent heating/cooling units in this day and age IMHO.
Another building I was interested in was 21-25 Carlton, but they do the switchover. Same with College Park II. Both are 8 years old.

Hopefully most newer buildings have independent units, but this information is very hard to find.

My building is 6 years old and we have it. My previous building would be about 20 years old and we had it. My daughter 's building is 15 years old and she has it. A building near me that is 3 years old doesn't have it.

Hopefully most newer buildings have independent units, but this information is very hard to find.

Actually most new condos have a 2-pipe fan coil system (which heat and A/C run through the same lines and are switched seasonally).
There are some new or newer condos that have a 4-pipe system which both hot and cold lines are running at the same time, but running the extra lines throughout the building could be costly. Also, with advancement of HVAC systems, modern day 2-pipe systems are much more reliable, easier and cheaper to operate (especially for changeovers), and more energy efficient, so 2-pipe systems are used more often than 4-pipe systems.

The downside to a 2-pipe system is that the transition between heat and A/C is determined by your property management and sometimes the timing of the switchover may not be to every resident's liking. Luckily in Toronto we have extreme climates with relatively short mild spring and fall seasons, so having the ability to use both heat and A/C year round is not so important to most people.

Does anyone know why the window I circled in the below picture looks different from the others? I may be buying this unit, and this is bothering me:

182m2f.jpg

Does anyone know why the window I circled in the below picture looks different from the others? I may be buying this unit, and this is bothering me:

182m2f.jpg

You'd be crazy to buy any unit in this building, which has been plagued with problem after problem. They might fix your window in 2020 once the crane is removed.

Back