http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/the-l-tower-elects-new-board-of-directors-634124683.html

The L Tower Elects New Board of Directors

TORONTO, July 12, 2017 /CNW/ - The Toronto Standard Condominium Corporation No. TSCC 2449 is pleased to announce that at an owner's requisition meeting held on June 29, 2017, the owners of the L Tower in Toronto successfully voted to remove its previous board of directors and elect a new board.

At the requisition meeting held under section 46 of the Ontario Condominium Act, 1998, 363 owners voted to remove the existing board of directors and the following five new board members were elected: Eric Sprott, Fauzia Ahmed, Jim Smith, Steve Szentesi and Francis Fernandes. This meeting was called based on, among other things, L Tower owners' concerns raised over CBC reporting relating to the former board.

All members of the new members of the L Tower board of directors, who bring a broad range of business, legal, accounting and condominium board experience, either live in or own units in the building.

The L Tower's new board of directors will initially focus on major building priorities, including its performance audit, completion of final stages of construction, reserve fund, aesthetic enhancements and ensuring that owners receive value for money for services provided to the building.

"We are pleased to announce this important change in the leadership of the L Tower in Toronto, which is one of the City's most iconic and prestigious condominiums. The new board of directors, all of whom live or own units in the building, looks forward to advancing the interests of owners and maintaining and improving this landmark Toronto condominium."

- President, L Tower Board of Directors

Any one having issues with the switch in the bathroom?
1 year and the switch blinks like a disco light.
I was wondering if anyone had a similar issue and if they can provide me their fix contact.
Appreciate it.

Thx

Kitec was used up to 2007from what I have read, not after that. It is no longer being manufactured.

Well the L Tower is once again having flood problems. Big flood this morning from what I've heard, on the 4th floor thank goodness. But it knocked out the elevators, I hear they could be out for a few days. It's a long way to the 65th floor on foot, imagine having a baby, or a dog, or groceries.

Think of all the Christmas get-togethers that will be cancelled.

The water was pouring out the doors when I walked by, and leaking into the lobby area, destroying it yet again. Must have been a big pipe, or a sprinkler.

Would you want to buy a building from these developers? Between the noise, elevator issues, floods, late completion and the derrick still on the roof, this has been a disaster of a project. Perhaps that's why it took so long for 158 Front to get off the ground.

Last edited:
Well the L Tower is once again having flood problems. Big flood this morning from what I've heard, on the 4th floor thank goodness. But it knocked out the elevators, I hear they could be out for a few days. It's a long way to the 65th floor on foot, imagine having a baby, or a dog, or groceries.

Think of all the Christmas get-togethers that will be cancelled.

The water was pouring out the doors when I walked by, and leaking into the lobby area, destroying it yet again. Must have been a big pipe, or a sprinkler.

Would you want to buy a building from these developers? Between the noise, elevator issues, floods, late completion and the derrick still on the roof, this has been a disaster of a project. Perhaps that's why it took so long for 158 Front to get off the ground.

Yes there was a flood, a sprinkler in the hydro vault broke on the 4th floor and there is water damage from the 4th floor to the B3. The elevators were down for less than 24 hours and property managers and contractors are doing a great job to get the building back to how it was prior to the flood. Unfortunately, the amenities are located on the 2nd floor and are currently out of service. I live in the building and have not experienced noise or elevator issues. The derrick is still on the roof and is there to lift the building maintenance unit. Once this is done, the derrick will be removed.

Yes there was a flood, a sprinkler in the hydro vault broke on the 4th floor and there is water damage from the 4th floor to the B3. The elevators were down for less than 24 hours and property managers and contractors are doing a great job to get the building back to how it was prior to the flood. Unfortunately, the amenities are located on the 2nd floor and are currently out of service. I live in the building and have not experienced noise or elevator issues. The derrick is still on the roof and is there to lift the building maintenance unit. Once this is done, the derrick will be removed.

Great update! Happy to hear the building is up and running. Has anyone let you know rough timing for the amenities, or the removal of the derrick? 6 months, 2 years, over 2 years? Or why the derrick removal has been delayed for so long? Has management also let everyone know when the missing windows and balconies will be fixed? Noticed on all exterior sides, more so on the East side. If I were you, I'd be more concerned with the lack of transparency over the sprinkler issue, which happens.

Insurance adjuster will be meeting with property manager in the first week of January. Damage to amenities didn't look too bad. The hardwood has been ripped out of the living room, party room and kitchen area. Only partial ceilings removed. It looks like only half the gym was affected and spared were the treadmills, bikes and ellipticals. The residents on the 3rd and 4th floor didn't fair as well. As I understand it, they were forced to leave their units during the holidays.

The derrick will stay in place until the building maintenance unit (BMU) is lifted in place. Once the BMU is installed, the derrick will be removed. Windows and balconies will be fixed using the BMU. According to the builder, the BMU is a customized order coming from Germany and latest is February 2018.....not holding my breath. Apparently the previous contractor for the BMU didn't fulfill their obligation and a new company had to be sourced.

As for transparency, not sure what you mean. The property manager has notified residents of the flood and has continued to provide updates. PM notified residents that the flood was caused by a broken sprinkler in the hydro vault. Sprinklers malfunction and break......it happened last weeks in the food court of the Eaton's Centre during the day.

Insurance adjuster will be meeting with property manager in the first week of January. Damage to amenities didn't look too bad. The hardwood has been ripped out of the living room, party room and kitchen area. Only partial ceilings removed. It looks like only half the gym was affected and spared were the treadmills, bikes and ellipticals. The residents on the 3rd and 4th floor didn't fair as well. As I understand it, they were forced to leave their units during the holidays.

The derrick will stay in place until the building maintenance unit (BMU) is lifted in place. Once the BMU is installed, the derrick will be removed. Windows and balconies will be fixed using the BMU. According to the builder, the BMU is a customized order coming from Germany and latest is February 2018.....not holding my breath. Apparently the previous contractor for the BMU didn't fulfill their obligation and a new company had to be sourced.

As for transparency, not sure what you mean. The property manager has notified residents of the flood and has continued to provide updates. PM notified residents that the flood was caused by a broken sprinkler in the hydro vault. Sprinklers malfunction and break......it happened last weeks in the food court of the Eaton's Centre during the day.

I'm with you, I'm also not too confident in the 10th revised timing for the derrick removal. I just think there is a lot more to the story vs. getting a new contractor (re: my comment on transparency). It's been over 4 years since the building has been completed. This is just unacceptable. I'm a fan of the architecture (outside of the street level presence), but it is a shame the "Hell-Tower" reputation this building has gained. A nick-name coined from current and past residents, real estate agents, and anyone who has been following the press over the past few years.

Last edited:
I'm with you, I'm also not too confident in the 10th revised timing for the derrick removal. I just think there is a lot more to the story vs. getting a new contractor (re: my comment on transparency). It's been over 4 years since the building has been completed. This is just unacceptable. I'm a fan of the architecture (outside of the street level presence), but it is a shame the "Hell-Tower" reputation this building has gained. A nick-name coined from current and past residents, real estate agents, and anyone who has been following the press over the past few years.

This building was registered in late 2015 so I don't understand your comment about 4 years. The four seasons gets press for windows falling, TIFF gets press for balcony glass falling, Shangdi-la gets press for windows panes falling, Trump gets press for falling glass. The RITZ took 6 years to build. Yes, all condo's have issues and the high end building get lots of press! Go to City Place, King west or liberty village and look at the build quality in those locations.

This building was registered in late 2015 so I don't understand your comment about 4 years. The four seasons gets press for windows falling, TIFF gets press for balcony glass falling, Shangdi-la gets press for windows panes falling, Trump gets press for falling glass. The RITZ took 6 years to build. Yes, all condo's have issues and the high end building get lots of press! Go to City Place, King west or liberty village and look at the build quality in those locations.
Yes, L-Tower is not unique but some of their failings (e.g. the still-existing derrick) are very obvious and they have missed innumerable deadlines to remove it (ones that THEY announced.) I suspect you are an L-Tower owner and do not like seeing your investment trashed but this has not gone well and the floods and leaks, the still unfinished exterior and the lack of the streetscape (decorative streetlights on Yonge and The Esplanade) does not give one much to cheer about. Condolences.

The building might have been registered 2 years ago, but it took them 2 years to register it after occupancy started, INSANE. They also started construction in 2009, close to 6 years to register and arguably, still under construction. I remember this as my friend was so frustrated with the delays and issues he sold the week after it registered. This building deserves the reputation it has gained. Falling glass from the Four Seasons, minor compared to issues at the L Tower.

And I wouldn't categorize L-Tower as high-end, or even close to the likes of Shangri La or The Ritz. Maybe a step-up from City Place. Just one example of this was window coverings were not included in the base package. This was even included in Berczy down the street. Creating quite the inconsistent exterior with some units still using bed sheets.

Last edited:

Back