I spoke with the sales reps today and March is when they hope to get initial occupancy for the lower floors.

The sales office has a few units available on high floors $850+ per square foot

We were looking at the 800-1000ft suites and their current inventory in that size is at $774/ft net of parking & locker. We just got the latest price sheet Monday.

I was referring to the entry level one bedroom and one plus den units. I am not a Realtor, but if you check MLS you will find one beds/one plus dens with parking from the builder in the $850+ per square foot range.

Last edited:
I was referring to the entry level one bedroom and one plus den units. I am not a Realtor, but if you check MLS you will find one beds/one plus dens with parking from the builder in the $850+ per square foot range.

Great to know. I was just giving a heads-up on the larger suites.

For the smaller suites, there is actually a list of assignments available - from Cityzen employees who bought as an investment.

Thanks. I've seen that.

The smaller assignment units range from one unit at ~$815 a foot with parking in the lower 1/3 of the building to ~$875 a foot with parking on the highest floors.

I got a few letters from the builder. One delayed my interim occupancy from July to September, the other stated that due to ongoing cold weather conditions, they reserve the right to delay the interim occupancy even more.

What I don't understand is why they implied their construction teams are at a standstill. I could think the majority of the work is interior now, and heat could be provided to the workers inside. It is very frustrating the way they are handling it. A better approach would be to give clear reasons why it is delayed and timely updates of the conditions on site (what floor are they at now, what is being done, how the cold affected each trade, etc).

I got a few letters from the builder. One delayed my interim occupancy from July to September, the other stated that due to ongoing cold weather conditions, they reserve the right to delay the interim occupancy even more.

What I don't understand is why they implied their construction teams are at a standstill. I could think the majority of the work is interior now, and heat could be provided to the workers inside. It is very frustrating the way they are handling it. A better approach would be to give clear reasons why it is delayed and timely updates of the conditions on site (what floor are they at now, what is being done, how the cold affected each trade, etc).

Xeno, what floor are you on and what size is your unit? I received one letter from the builder but I am still waiting for the second one with revised occupancy.

Just got my letter - delayed 6 weeks ! From late June to August! So depressing now to open anything from Citizen/Fernbrook. Xeno, I agree, I don't know how they can shut everything down to Feb 14. With the potential of more delays to come !

I can't help remembering in the fall when the weather was perfect and hardly any progress was done (at least to the exterior)

This lack of communication from them is so frustrating :(

Xeno, what floor are you on and what size is your unit? I received one letter from the builder but I am still waiting for the second one with revised occupancy.

I'm on the lower half of the building, but my unit is where the construction elevator is (these units occupy last).

I heard from the sales office that they sold a mid-floor one and den with parking for over $800 a square foot. Good news for all and seems like there is strong demand for this high end building.

I'm hoping the assignments sell off before the usual large amount of inventory comes out when the building registers and final closes. If the supply is low, prices will probably settle at a high point. The first few sales on MLS will affect the market prices of this building for years to come since everybody and their mom will use it to negotiate the next sale.

I wonder how many assignments are floating around right now. I would think at least 20 from what I can see on kijiji, assignit.ca, and the insider inventory listing. Some are probably fake (on assignit/kijiji) from real estate agents fishing for clients, but I expect most are real. Anybody have a good guess? I'm hoping for a low number :D

Back