News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Makes you wonder.....why are those crazy British Columbians still relying on ferries to get to and fro between the Island and the Mainland. Crazy bastards!

LOL! If you've ever spent time out in BC MTown, you'd know that most of the folks there are appalled by the thought of highways or highly urban roads, never mind a bridge de-beautifying the route between the Island and the Mainland.

"We like to preserve our sacred natural habitat man"
"Yeah man, save the trees!"
"Hey bro, you done toking that fatty blunt?"
"Hells yeah man! Let me go finish making my hemp moccasins." etc, etc.

That's Vancouver Island for ya!

Everything is relative... Peoples' perceptions of reality for example...

Way to kill my thunder :(

The Bering Strait Bridge can also carry oil pipelines from Russia to North America.

We already have US pipeline connections from Niagara
http://www.transcanada.com/Mainline/info_postings/tariff/maps/eastern_toll_zone.pdf
http://library.enbridge.com/users/folder.asp?FolderID=1667

Last edited:
LOL! If you've ever spent time out in BC MTown, you'd know that most of the folks there are appalled by the thought of highways or highly urban roads, never mind a bridge de-beautifying the route between the Island and the Mainland.

"We like to preserve our sacred natural habitat man"
"Yeah man, save the trees!"
"Hey bro, you done toking that fatty blunt?"
"Hells yeah man! Let me go finish making my hemp moccasins." etc, etc.

That's Vancouver Island for ya!

I have and um, I was being......never mind.

I have and um, I was being......never mind.

Dang, I thought you were being serious with your previous comments. No worries bud. Just showing some BC sentiments I have noted to be quite prevalent over there.

How bout this bridge though? Construction is already starting. Hot damn.

In the Star Trek movie where the Borg go back in time and assimilate Earth, there is a clear shot of the Great Lakes area from space. A bridge across the lake is visible!

(I may just be making this up, but I'm sure I remember seeing that)

How about "St. Catherine's"... that's nails on a chalkboard

If they didn't want people messing up the spelling, maybe they shouldn't have chosen such a non-standard form? It's not like it's named after an actual Saint. The post office was even called St. Catherines for four years between 1817 an 1821. I feel like, 200 years later, maybe it's time to get over it.

If they didn't want people messing up the spelling, maybe they shouldn't have chosen such a non-standard form? It's not like it's named after an actual Saint. The post office was even called St. Catherines for four years between 1817 an 1821. I feel like, 200 years later, maybe it's time to get over it.

Cool, you can use Wikipedia and form half-arguments

Back