News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

There's one on Yonge and another on Parliament, plus a Wine Rack at Church/Wellesley and a Beer Store just north of there. The Village is already very well served in that regard

I think you're underestimating how lazy I am.

Also, the density East of Yonge is high, and is increasing: Verve, Jame Cooper Mansion, 500 Sherbourne, X... These towers are full of young, thirsty people.

The LCBO in Liberty Village is expanding as well. It's taking over the space next door (which used to be a Bell shop). Didn't notice an expected opening date.

Paul Oberman of Woodcliffe Properties made a presentation to the St Lawrence Neighbourhood Association last night about his plans for the LCBO on Front Street. Work has already started on repair to the front wall of the old Fish Market restaurant on Market Street and when that's finished the rest of that building will be demolished and rebuilt, to the same height. The LCBO will then move into the lower floors (along Market Street) while their present space at 87 Front Street is refurbished and they will then return there and to the second floor of the Fish Restaurant buiilding (which is on same level as the current LCBO space.) The LCBO will also take over the second floor of the 5-floor office building further south on Market Street and that building will be upgraded and repaired. Finally the garage at Market and The Esplanade will be demolished (soon) and a 3 floor building erected there - it will actually have two high floors and it will be retail. They hope that the LCBO will move to their temporary quarters in early summer 2011 and that the whole project will be finished by spring/summer 2012. The street level part of the Fish Restaurant will be retail once the LCBO's temporary use is over. The SLNA Delegates were very supportive of this development, which may (eventually) include closing Market Street to cars

Excellent news - the Old Fish Market site has been vacant and crumbling for what seems like forever. I used to love eating their flounder.

Both the Davisville and the Yonge-Eglinton Centre LCBO's are tiny. It looks like the new Davisville location might be 2 floors. If so, its a smart move, as a lot of people in the area do go down to Summerhill for a greater selection.

If not, im as lost as you are...

I just got the flyer/postcard in the mail. The LCBO at 2087 Yonge Street is having its grand opening on March 31. They are boasting a shopping experience like no other, with over 3,400 square feet to explore and an exceptional selection of over 1,350 products and over 240 Vintages products. If you have the sweet postcard, you can line up at 9:30 am on March 31 to receive a free enviro-tote bag!!!! First 500 customers only. I'm going to have to skip work to hit up the LCBO at 9:30 am...

Yonge/Wedgwood store just renovated, official reopening (April 7). That's Yonge, north of Finch somewhere

Vic Park/Danforth location, currently being given a minor reno....comments below:

- in an effort to squeeze in more product (laudable) but be cheap with a buck (not so much)..... the Lceeb, decided not
to build this location, but instead re-org the shelving from the usual look (diagonal shelves/aisles) to supermarket style, all straight, long, rows.

Too early to judge the final result, they certainly do seem to be adding more product; but they bought 2 new shelves for the VQA area, that don't match the other shelves, and they're all in one big row now.....very cheap looking.

My understanding from staff is that this was supposed to be a new store, (rebuild) but because the City of Toronto, sensibly wanted them to build it next to Danforth instead of setback as it is now, and for cost-reasons, management settled on this cheaper solution.

Most unfortunate.

The LCBO needs to more aggressively invest in its stores. They finally replaced that hole-in-the-wall Eglinton Square with a new large-format one in the big box plaza down the street....I gather sales have skyrocketed since. Lesson, lesson, lesson!

I gather sales have skyrocketed since. Lesson, lesson, lesson!
Do you think LCBO sales actually change OVERALL? They can undoubtedly incresase in one location following a re-build but I suspect these are not new sales to the 'network' and are the result of lower sales elsewhere.

Do you think LCBO sales actually change OVERALL? They can undoubtedly incresase in one location following a re-build but I suspect these are not new sales to the 'network' and are the result of lower sales elsewhere.

Not necessarily. A nice store, with products enticingly displayed, may get customers to spend more than they would have at an older, less appealing store. Anecdotally, I always make more impulse purchases at Summerhill than I do at the Danforth store (east of Broadview).

I would say 'Yes' they can be new sales.

First, the old store had no 'Vintages' to speak of, only a few 'essentials on one tiny shelf.

As such, people didn't even have the option to buy much of the higher end product.

Higher sales isn't just volume, its 'trading up' or higher priced products being moved.

Second, the old store, being in a mall wasn't even open on Sat. night! Sure, lots of customers would have gone 15min drive away to the nearest store that was open.....but many would have shrugged and thought, 'not tonight'.

Third, well merchandised product, with a store you want to spend some time it, can definitely entice more buying. Some of that may be at the expense of future sale, but some is surely enticing 1-bottle-a-week wine drinkers to think about bottle #2.

Finally, the new store features a full 'cool room' with floor-to-ceiling chill, for beer, coolers and chilled wine.

I expect it to take a meaningful chunk out of the beer stores in the singles/six'es market.

As a country, we still drink a lot less wine per person, than most European nations. I'm not sure what the growth potential is, but more convenience, and more attractive retail options will surely move consumption up, at least modestly.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5E 1M6

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 201105 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: May 24, 2011

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: permit for interior alterations to create new temporary LCBO store at 10-12 Market street.

Is the new LCBO in Royal Bank Plaza permanent or will it be moving back to Union Station when the reno is completed?

Back