News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

In all the times I've driven through Brentcliffe, coming in from Leslie (getting into Leaside via Laird is a good alternate if the left turn lane gets backed up...and it definitely does sometimes), I've only gone into the current plaza once, for the Nando's Chicken.

I think this new development will be quite interesting. Adding in new low-rise residential and updating the commercial/office space will definitely give this corner some much-needed life.

In all the times I've driven through Brentcliffe, coming in from Leslie (getting into Leaside via Laird is a good alternate if the left turn lane gets backed up...and it definitely does sometimes), I've only gone into the current plaza once, for the Nando's Chicken.

I think this new development will be quite interesting. Adding in new low-rise residential and updating the commercial/office space will definitely give this corner some much-needed life.

Is Nando's good? I've been going to Churrasco Villa at Mt Pleasant & Eg, which is great.

Nandos has a beatiful new location downtown in the base of the new Bunro condo on Bay. It is a really really nice setup. In terms of if it is good, I find that will depend on the person you ask, I like it a lot
better then Swiss Chalet as an example, similarly priced.

Is Nando's good? I've been going to Churrasco Villa at Mt Pleasant & Eg, which is great.

I wasn't crazy about the Nando's...which is probably why I only went there once. I haven't visited any other Nando location in the city to compare unfortunately.

It's funny you mentioned Churrasco Villa on Eglinton. I pass by all the time and have thought about going there on numerous ocassions...but I've never committed to actually going in!

Leaside (and all of midtown really) has a lot of character in the early 1900's houses & walk-up apartments made from brick & half-timbering (tudor revival, edwardian?).

From what I've seen there are lots of tear-down & rebuilds and personally I find that the new houses tend to be a downgrade aesthetically from the early 1900's architecture.

Actually what I am worried about if Leaside does get a heritage designation, is the fact that it will make more difficult to build up along the avenues (Bayview in particular).

Densifying our Avenues is central to the city's plan. It means more people living in walkabable/transit-oriented neighbourhoods where existing infrastructure can be better utilized. It also takes development pressure somewhat off of the more stable neighbourhoods that are off the main streets.

Densifying our Avenues is central to the city's plan. It means more people living in walkabable/transit-oriented neighbourhoods where existing infrastructure can be better utilized. It also takes development pressure somewhat off of the more stable neighbourhoods that are off the main streets.

Thank you for your reply! Those were my thoughts exactly.

So generic that look like ass condos are what we need? I would rather have these streets preserved in their historical form.

I don't think Bayview will be a primary target of development anyways, other than the strip malls & parking lots right at Eglinton. I would assume the big box area east of Laird would be where the new condos go.

Actually I can think of a few locations on Bayview between Eglinton and Davisville that could be re-developed. For instance the bungalows on the west side between Soudan and Hillsdale. And actually the townhouses on the south-west corner of Soudan and Bayview have a Krcmar Surveyors sign on them.

I work near Leaside and love it. There are so many good places to eat and most essential places to shop. Menchie's opened a location there (I have been to the Warden/Eglinton one) and that is a great place for a treat.

Back