News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Don Mills would be even better if they simply opened up that carpool lane (3 passengers and up) since there are always solo drivers blasting down that lane without a care in the world. Not to de-rail this thread, but it needs to be enforced and people who shouldn't be in the carpool lane should get fined for abusing it at the expense of everyone else who abides by the rules of the road.
I've seen them enforcing it. There's always going to be someone, but that they blast down it is evidence that most don't!

Allowing everyone to use that lane, would slow more people down in buses, than are speeded up in car (as we'd then have 3 lanes of traffic not moving instead of 2).

Don Mills would be even better if they simply opened up that carpool lane (3 passengers and up) since there are always solo drivers blasting down that lane without a care in the world. Not to de-rail this thread, but it needs to be enforced and people who shouldn't be in the carpool lane should get fined for abusing it at the expense of everyone else who abides by the rules of the road.

And to bring this back on topic, it's a good thing there are no car pool lanes in Leaside since so many drivers in the city disregard the designation anyway. :eek:
Has it not been dropped to 2? I see on Eglinton they have put stickers with 2 on the signs now.

I have seen it enforced. I have seen police standing on the sidewalk with their cars hidden away pulling people over.

Beer store construction update:

IMG_20150111_122258.jpg

IMG_20150111_122424.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150111_122258.jpg
    IMG_20150111_122258.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 840
  • IMG_20150111_122424.jpg
    IMG_20150111_122424.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 856
I received a letter from the planning department to attend a public meeting about a redevelopment. It is for 148-150 Laird drive, which is the two small office buildings just south of McRae. The developer wants to turn them into 7 and 8 storey retirement residences. I don't think I can go but it would be interesting to attend. Leaside is incredible for opposition to development.

So looks like that art auction house that's in front of the Leaside Arena has been sold. A sign in front says "Coming soon from Shane Baghai" with a phone number. I'm curious what they have planned. Anyone think they will go for low/mid-rise condo?

I've never lived in a community so inward looking as Leaside, and I come from a small town in Eastern Europe.

I've never lived in a community so inward looking as Leaside, and I come from a small town in Eastern Europe.

Agreed!

One of the comments posted on the petition page:
"Linda Lord TORONTO, CANADA
Laird's infrastructure cannot handle anymore construction. Our village is becoming a city and although I support residential housing for our aging population and keeping our families safe within our neighbourhood a project I this magnitude on an already stressed avenue is unthoughtful and ridiculous."

Leaside has been a part of the city, and not a village, for many, many years. There are plenty of villages to move to (some of them are probably missing their idiots).

Former SmartCentres land

What was the original industrial use of the SmartCentre land? I remember as a kid in the 90s seeing that old blue and grey observation tower and always thinking it was an airport haha.

Back