News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I walk by this site every day, it's close to my home. Lately, I've noticed that it seems to look like two stores. Obviously, the Beer Store is one. Does anyone know if there is a second store going in this site and if so, what it is?

There was talk last year of Wal Mart possibly being one of the tenants at the new Smart Centre big box stores being built on Wicksteed. I wonder now with Target leaving there will be a big vacancy at East York Town centre so could Wal Mart possibly move in there?

Also, there doesn't seem to be much going on at the Costco site either, just mounds of dirt and gravel piled up.

Last edited:
Moms To Be and More is closing.

As the owner of Moms To Be and More I am sad to announce that we will be closing our doors this spring. Our Bayview doors will close Sunday May 3rd and our Research location will close Sunday July 5th.

I want to thank all of my clients, suppliers and staff for being a huge part of the success of my store. It has truly been an honour and pleasure to share in so many of my clients’ happiest moments. For all of our customers who are currently expecting, we encourage you not to panic. We are not going anywhere for a few months. Our furnishings orders will be fulfilled; our items still outstanding will come or be refunded.

However there will be many changes around the store from store hours to our return policy. Keep reading below for all the details..

A huge thanks to all of you,
Karen Becker
Owner, Moms to be and More

What the heck? I always assumed that was pretty successful given that it was usually pretty busy. I am guessing that internet sales are taking a huge bite out of their business...

I shopped at Moms to Be from time to time as they had a good selection. In fact, I purchased my crib from their Research location as it was on sale as a display model. I did know one Leaside mom who said she and her friends were boycotting the store because they disliked dealing with the owner so much.

So my wife went shopping at Moms to Be and talking to the staff found out that the store is closing because the owners have split and they don't want to run the business together anymore. I'm surprised they didn't try to sell it. I'm sure it was profitable. It sure was expensive.

crushing of concrete continues at former coca cola plant in thorncliffe...
these machines are loud and awesome

crushing-continues.jpg

Attachments

• crushing-continues.jpg
    crushing-continues.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 521
I walk by this site every day, it's close to my home. Lately, I've noticed that it seems to look like two stores. Obviously, the Beer Store is one. Does anyone know if there is a second store going in this site and if so, what it is?

The other one will be a Tim Horton's... their newer Cafe and Bake Shope format.

Back