News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Couldn’t find a separate thread for Eastern Avenue so am using this one. Just want to say how much I love these old city owned buildings on Eastern Avenue. They would make amazing theatre spaces or cultural centres for the developing neighbourhood around them.
A4D8B8C2-5467-4850-B182-F31E94390661.jpeg
E2A5A59A-F31D-4E73-9940-60FDDBCE5246.jpeg
9EB6A328-AFD5-4657-95C0-220EA1B86595.jpeg

Sorry no pic but I noticed that Kotn is renovating a storefront on Queen East. Forget where and it isn’t on their website.

The storage building on the northwest side of Eastern adjacent to the rail overpass has closed down and the lot to northeast is now fenced off. Don’t know what it is for but would guess that it has something to do with the Ontario line.
IMG_2059.jpeg

The storage building on the northwest side of Eastern adjacent to the rail overpass has closed down and the lot to northeast is now fenced off. Don’t know what it is for but would guess that it has something to do with the Ontario line. View attachment 480777
It got expropriated for the Ontario line.

Customers of Access Storage in Riverdale received letters marked “URGENT” this March. “We were informed by Metrolinx that we must end our business operation at 356 Eastern Avenue, Toronto and surrender our property for demolition,” the company wrote.
Movers would transport their belongings at no cost to a nearby location. They had 10 days to respond. “Time is of the essence.”

https://archive.is/T9i88

Customers of Access Storage in Riverdale received letters marked “URGENT” this March. “We were informed by Metrolinx that we must end our business operation at 356 Eastern Avenue, Toronto and surrender our property for demolition,” the company wrote.
Movers would transport their belongings at no cost to a nearby location. They had 10 days to respond. “Time is of the essence.”

10 days notice is exceedingly short.

I'm surprised if Mx was that short notice w/the company, and the company should not be with a lessee.

I mean a lessee could easily be out of the country or in the hospital etc etc.

I'm elated to see that gross bunker go!

1080 QUEEN ST E
Ward 14: Toronto-Danforth

To alter the existing five-storey mixed-use building containing senior residence dwelling units and ground floor commercial space by converting a portion of the commercial space into nine affordable housing units for a total of 179 dwelling units.

Located between Pape and Brooklyn Ave:

1080q.JPG

1080 QUEEN ST E
Ward 14: Toronto-Danforth

To alter the existing five-storey mixed-use building containing senior residence dwelling units and ground floor commercial space by converting a portion of the commercial space into nine affordable housing units for a total of 179 dwelling units.

Located between Pape and Brooklyn Ave:

View attachment 486464

Normally I would object to the shift away from retail; but here, the ground-floor space has never been retail as such, so far as I can recall.

Back