News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

starks0980 - did you talk to the developers regarding the go on the project?

Although the park isn't all that exciting, at least for the owners who bought facing east won't have Kingwest condos or other projects block their view. But hopefully they are able to do something with it further down the road when more all the buildings start coming up.

I have no idea what exactly they are going to do with the Chapel. If anybody does find out, please post an update :)

if this source is at all reliable ...

at one point the CanAlfa sales people were telling me that the chapel was to be refurbished and turned into some sort of cafe / restaurant type thing

According to the Martini Boys:

.......Meanwhile, Harji has been busy churning out a second-floor bar for his red-hot Nyood (officially dubbed The Bar at Nyood), built in the old DeLeon White Gallery space, slated for opening February 2009. The bar will be an extension of Nyood – where Jamie Oliver sous chef Nelson Fernandez has taken over the kitchen, and revamped the shared plated menu. "The look and feel of the upstairs bar, will be like like Nyood – but amplified," says Harji. "We want to give people yet another reason to come to the west end."

It doesn’t end there: Harji is also crafting yet a completely new venue out of the historic women's prison in Liberty Village: Chapelfor. The space, when completed, will be somewhat of a one-stop-shopping for foodies and shoppers. The idea is to have an early morning market with an array of fresh produce and fish, with café and lounge areas. Return in the evening, and the market will have transformed into a full-on fine dining room. The design of the market/restaurant/bar is in the hands of Commute Home (who is also handling The Bar at Nyood) with Harji himself, and is slated to be a 16-month project. Expect Chapelfor to open mid 2010.

Great news about the Chapel!!!

BTW, I was speaking with the developer (don't know his name) and he said that they were planning on asking the city for a 2-3 floor height increase.

don't have any updates so far.

But I do have a question for those who own a unit there. Do any of you know what percentage of the building has be sold? I look on the website and only a few of the floor plans were sold out. I called the office and they didn't tell me saying they don't have the updated information.

Thanks in advance.

It is my understanding that the building is about 85% sold.

As well, I received a letter this week from them stating an extension on the economic viability from Feb 28, 2009 to May 31, 2009. I expected that this would be the case.

Facing west, they will hear any noise from the Brazen Head, have a view of the Metro parking lot and Toy Story building.

Chances are the only view west will be of the 30 storey next phase (if built)

Care to share your opinion on why this project will probably have the best location?

IMO, I dont see how this will be the best location.

Its right in the middle of practically everything.

Facing west, they will hear any noise from the Brazen Head, have a view of the Metro parking lot and Toy Story building.

Facing east, they'll see the Prison chapel and the townhomes. The CN tower for those on the higher floors.

That doesnt sound that great!

Don't forget the police station on Hanna!

bar1967 - thanks for the update on the delay.

I still think if you are facing East, at least there won't be any buildings in front of you to block you from the downtown view. :)

It is my understanding that the building is about 85% sold.

As well, I received a letter this week from them stating an extension on the economic viability from Feb 28, 2009 to May 31, 2009. I expected that this would be the case.

So after May 31, if they extend the project, they will need to get consent from the buyer correct? In which the buyer can choose to stay or opt out and get the downpayment back? Sorry, i'm still new to all the condo stuff

So after May 31, if they extend the project, they will need to get consent from the buyer correct? In which the buyer can choose to stay or opt out and get the downpayment back? Sorry, i'm still new to all the condo stuff

You are correct!

Thanks!

I'm assuming after May 31, if they haven't started construction, CanAlfa will send out another letter to give the buyers the option?

Or do the buyers have to take action themselves and tell the developer whether they will stay or opt out?

Back