News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

CanAlfa will send you a letter by regular mail and one by registered mail that will outline your option to extend the EV date or back out and get your deposit back.

This thread is missing vital renders:

lotp_bldg_299.jpg

LibertyontheParkR2.jpg

Has anybody heard anything lately regarding this project?

They had originally slated occupancy for 2011 but I wouldn't be surprised to see this get delayed as they haven't even broken ground yet.

They have until May 31st to secure financing....

Anybody have any insight as to how things are going with this?

With the first 2 phases already under construction and phase 3 almost sold out this shouldn't really be an issue should it?

EV was extended to October 2010 in the latest letter from the builder. Tentative occupancy is now scheduled for mid 2012. They are having trouble getting financing - which they say is not specific to this building but in general for all highrise construction in the GTA.

EV was extended to October 2010 in the latest letter from the builder. Tentative occupancy is now scheduled for mid 2012. They are having trouble getting financing - which they say is not specific to this building but in general for all highrise construction in the GTA.

That's a cop-out on behalf of the builder.:rolleyes:

I'm hoping for design sake this one bites the dust. It makes little to no effort to fit in with the industrial feel of the area. Liberty Village could have been the next Distillery but too many developers out to make a quick buck were allowed permits by the city with little to no public input about how this area should be properly developed. It's turning more into a downtown Mississauga rather then a pedestrian friendly neighborhood. I'd like to see this property make another run at it in a few years with a design more akin to London or Vu with some street retail. Right now it just looks a bit 1970's in style and would better suit Avenue and St.Clair.

No, it means you have the option to back out before the "Due Date" of the most recent letter to you. You have to sign the form and return it to the builder (probably by the end of May) in order to keep your unit. Or you can not sign and your deposit will be given back and the offer to purchase voided. If you read the letter, it's pretty clear.

No, it means you have the option to back out before the "Due Date" of the most recent letter to you. You have to sign the form and return it to the builder (probably by the end of May) in order to keep your unit. Or you can not sign and your deposit will be given back and the offer to purchase voided. If you read the letter, it's pretty clear.

Exactly...

A quote from the letter..

Please note that if we do not receive the duplicate copy of this letter indicating your agreement on or before 5PM on Friday, May 22, 2009, we will be required to assume that you do not agree to the extension, amendment and waiver requested herein and this letter will constitute our formal notice to you of termination of the Agreement. In this event, we will forward a formal release to you that we will require be executed and returned to us in duplicate in order to refund your deposits plus any applicable interest.

Exactly...

A quote from the letter..

Please note that if we do not receive the duplicate copy of this letter indicating your agreement on or before 5PM on Friday, May 22, 2009, we will be required to assume that you do not agree to the extension, amendment and waiver requested herein and this letter will constitute our formal notice to you of termination of the Agreement. In this event, we will forward a formal release to you that we will require be executed and returned to us in duplicate in order to refund your deposits plus any applicable interest.

Appreciate the help....I think it would be useful if I actually received this so called letter. I'll check the mail again tonight :)

Back