News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Have they looked at spiral bicycle ramps, like they have in Germany and elsewhere?

2378348330_dd5e1015f3.jpg
?

5e0a26116cea3d8f9fd64bf8a8210b71.jpg

belleviewconnectora.jpg
that looks scary to walk on, let alone bike.

It really is a shame, the lack of adequate consideration for cyclists. Speaking with people who asked questions about that at the open house, it was apparently made clear that the project is likely to proceed as-is with the primary (nearly solely) focus on pedestrians.

It really is a shame, the lack of adequate consideration for cyclists. Speaking with people who asked questions about that at the open house, it was apparently made clear that the project is likely to proceed as-is with the primary (nearly solely) focus on pedestrians.

From what I remember Mike Layton saying before, CycleToronto was consulted and agreed that it'd be more important to make Strachan the main cycling route. The introduction of wheel wells on the stairs would help cyclists who really need to use that bridge. But yes, I'd agree that this is bridge is focused more on pedestrians crossing the tracks.

From what I remember Mike Layton saying before, CycleToronto was consulted and agreed that it'd be more important to make Strachan the main cycling route. The introduction of wheel wells on the stairs would help cyclists who really need to use that bridge. But yes, I'd agree that this is bridge is focused more on pedestrians crossing the tracks.

Yeah, I actually wouldn't disagree with that approach if they'd actually gone ahead and made Strachan acceptably safe for cycling, with proper and adequate protection.

Yeah, I actually wouldn't disagree with that approach if they'd actually gone ahead and made Strachan acceptably safe for cycling, with proper and adequate protection.

I can imagine there being a possibility of an upgrade because it'd be connecting the Railpath Extension and the Waterfront Trail in the near future. But not getting my hopes up, especially with the new PWIC members.

This is so over built and overthought. Why not just deck over a small portion of the already structurally decked over rail corridor? A grassy land bridge would get people over and directly into Liberty Village.

This is so over built and overthought. Why not just deck over a small portion of the already structurally decked over rail corridor? A grassy land bridge would get people over and directly into Liberty Village.

Because it needs to clear the sightlines for the signals, and - more importantly - the future catenary.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Because it needs to clear the sightlines for the signals, and - more importantly - the future catenary.
Though that raises the question of which portion of the already structurally decked over rail corridor DOESN'T clear the sightlines for the signals and the future overhead?

Though that raises the question of which portion of the already structurally decked over rail corridor DOESN'T clear the sightlines for the signals and the future overhead?

None of it?

I don't get the question. The decked over parts of the corridor are to the east of where this bridge is located. The only other option here would be a tunnel, which poses its own set of constraints.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Back