8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Re: liberty Village

So apparently the "to die for views" of the rail corridor (availbable from the 2nd floor) would be interrupted by people walking and biking back and forth.

These should appeal to train foamers.

Speaking of, how long until developers finally catch onto the total theme-oriented condo marketing scheme? Why live in condo and talk about shoe shopping when you can design and decorate a place themed-out on the idea of shoe shopping, or shoes?

Fetishists of all types could get some respect by having homes built and marketed on the basis of their "needs."

Re: liberty Village

cue image of Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe...

Prison Chapel

On the topic of Liberty Village, what is happening with the Prison Chapel?

Liberty Village Towers/Bliss

There seems to be something about every project in the city on here but this one, so I thought I'd start.

Here's what I know. They're already more than a year behind (construction was supposed to start in October 2006), but have decided to build LVTO and Bliss (including the townhomes, lofts, and 2 towers) at the same time instead of having the 1-2 year lag between as originally proposed. According to my sale agreement (in the Liberty Village Tower), the original occupancy date was Dec. 2008 and they have a 24 month extension, so Dec. 2010 at the latest. Personally, I don't care when it's built by, as long as it's built. They have also extended the economic feasibility deadline twice - once by 3 months (from June 30-Sep 30/07), and then again by 6 months (til March 30/08), offering people the choice of signing and agreeing or getting their deposit back. Of course, getting the deposit back would mean a massive loss in appreciation for the buyer and a partial windfall for CanAlfa should anybody have taken advantage of it and they resell the units at a far higher price. I was initially worried about this as I thought it signalled a possible cancellation of the project, but then, from a business perspective and maximizing profits, it seemed like a smart thing for them to do (a possible scare tactic?).

There is now a very deep hole in the ground and trucks and shovels seemed to be working hard all last week to get the 5 stories dug out - it's quite a huge hole to say the least. Not as deep as the TIFF bldg, but much wider and longer. That being said, it seems that some work has been happening on and off for the past 6 months, but never reaching any sort of mass to allay my fear of cancellation entirely.

I found my experience with them so far to be quite pleasant. They were very accomodating with my requests, upfront for the most part (I've done my due diligence - even with the CBC show slightly slagging them), and I've always been given an answer to any question I've had. It might take them awhile to get back to me, but at least they do.

If anybody knows anything more about this project or would like to share their experiences with CanAlfa, I'd love to hear. I'm also thinking of setting up a separate Liberty Village Towers/Bliss bulletin board just for us owners - as it's been invaluable for information in the condo I currently live in. Let me know what you think.

Could we please keep the comments on this thread to Liberty Village Towers and Bliss. I'm already horrified enough by the hideous monstrosity that is Battery Park and by the looks of it Zip and Vibe will continue the Cabrini Green Project look and we'll have an ugly triumvirate...really don't need pics - I can see them from my condo unfortunately. Thanks.

One pic of the excavation, not a great pic, but I was in the area on the weekend and as was mentioned, both towers are pretty much excavated for.

The extra equipment is on the Plazacorp King West Condo's site, which hasn't started sales yet, it may not be their equipment ... Seems a little ambitious if it is theirs.

a811c5a3243543dab4f84b3d8103914f

^Well sorry but I can't find the Zip thread, and not all of us live in LV. Not all of us are suburbanites or drive along the Gardiner regularly. All of the new LV/B.P buildings are ugly imho.

Just start a new one..im sure ZIP buyers will be greatful........

Few people seem to know which Liberty Village tower or complex is where. While CityPlace seems to have been very well defined phase-by-phase, the buildings in this instant neighbourhood feel somewhat generic and indistinguishable. I'm not convinced that these buildings, built or as-yet-unbuilt, don't switch places overnight.

Would forumers be terribly distressed if we discussed all Liberty Village towers in this one thread?

Few people seem to know which Liberty Village tower or complex is where. While CityPlace seems to have been very well defined phase-by-phase, the buildings in this instant neighbourhood feel somewhat generic and indistinguishable. I'm not convinced that these buildings, built or as-yet-unbuilt, don't switch places overnight.

Would forumers be terribly distressed if we discussed all Liberty Village towers in this one thread?

Well, I would have agreed with you last week when I was in doubt which buliding would be where until i went into the sales office to confrim and the presentation model suggest that LVT will be on the west side of bliss looking south..which would make sense as bliss is address is 55 e liberty and LVT is 59 e liberty...... How ever with condo construction anything could happen.

Back