News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Right now as I am writing this, there is a huge storm and that hole is getting filling with MORE WATER.

I always see nice cars at the sales centre, a Ferrari, a Range Rover, Corvette, etc. It seems like everyone is getting their share of the wealth except the people who bought there!

/\ They were all there to pick up their unmarked attaché cases before jetting off to make deposits in the Bahamas and Switzerland.

lol, i'm sure the deposits are held in trust by a lawyer! but they keep saying "ohh we can't get financing" meanwhile they have a million dollars of cars in the parking lot.

I know commercial bankers that bend over backwards for business, how come they can't get the loan?

you had to rub it in Urban_Newbie didn't you ?? :p

I didn't buy there, I bought at a building that is now done construction and i'm happy with it! but I have to live with an absolute mess on the south side of my neighborhood.

I feel so bad for the people who bought there. put the monetary thing aside.....

They are being cheated out of an experience. meeting your new neighbors, going to the Brazen head for drinks, great coffee places, LCBO 5 minutes away, being a short street car ride from work, etc.

I have seen entire projects sell out, dig, and they are working on the lower levels all before this could get started

I'll soon be living in this neighborhood and I've been watching the Liberty Towers fiasco slowly, painfully unfold like a train wreck in slow motion. I know people who have bought in it and people who have bailed. I really hope it does get built, both for the poor folks who have been waiting for so long, and for the sake of the neighborhood.

That said, if the worst case scenario is realized and the CanAlfa projects don't get off the ground, what would everyone like to see in their place?

1)fill it back in and make it a huge park....

2)tear down the gardner and build a bridge over the rail track

the water front would be perfect then! we have that huge water front trail and nothing blocking it! A seamless walk to the lake and CNE. it would be perfect!

They are being cheated out of an experience. meeting your new neighbors, going to the Brazen head for drinks, great coffee places, LCBO 5 minutes away, being a short street car ride from work, etc.

I'm glad everything worked out for you but, hey, that's one of only a multitude of things that can happen when you speculate on the right to purchase.

P.S. where exactly do you know these commercial banker as far as I'm aware its rather difficult to fund a highrise condominium project costing in the tens of millions entirely from conventional sources. The risk is just a tad high for the potential return. (unless you're a giant in the industry of which CanAlfa obviously is not)

P.S. where exactly do you know these commercial banker as far as I'm aware its rather difficult to fund a highrise condominium project costing in the tens of millions entirely from conventional sources. The risk is just a tad high for the potential return. (unless you're a giant in the industry of which CanAlfa obviously is not)

The availability of credit as well as the conditions/rates for credit when available has tightened significantly - even for the larger players in the development industry. The fiasco discussed in this thread is not isolated and there will be a few more projects that don't get off the ground or experience significant delays due to financing issues.

lol, i'm sure the deposits are held in trust by a lawyer! but they keep saying "ohh we can't get financing" meanwhile they have a million dollars of cars in the parking lot.

I know commercial bankers that bend over backwards for business, how come they can't get the loan?

Do you know for a fact if those cars are owned by developers?

Perhaps, they are owned by an owner etc from The Brazen Head that parks it alone in that lot to keep it away from other cars?

Who knows?

Inregards to the development (or lack thereof) south of East Liberty street, I am just glad they have that black painted wall there so I dont have to look at the mess behind it.

I cannot wait till it is completed though, which will help buffer the sound of the train and highway even more, although it isnt too bad now.

I can't really hear the gardner or the train south of Battery Park, but if those towers go up it will block any noise!

those towers are right on the "busy" tracks. the ones that cross Strachan ave have only a few trains, and no industrial trains.... liberty towers will have a whole different story!

I can't really hear the gardner or the train south of Battery Park, but if those towers go up it will block any noise!

those towers are right on the "busy" tracks. the ones that cross Strachan ave have only a few trains, and no industrial trains.... liberty towers will have a whole different story!

Ah, this is an interesting detail. I know the tracks north of BP are the Milton corridor for GO. I think also the other corridor (Bramalea?) as well. Not too busy is good. And no freight trains? Bonus. B_Bear, I'm assuming you're in BP. Do you face south or north? How high up? Do you hear much noise from the north end train tracks? Do they mainly only run in the morning and evenings? (I know trains from Milton only run weekday mornings and evenings.)

Back