News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Well, at least the future occupants are not paying maintenance fees for that pool.

I think they should leave it like that permanently. It would be a fitting summation of the entire Liberty Village development.

Here's a tidbit I found while doing some research.

Bliss , or Liberty Towers Phase 2 by Peter Clews of architectsAlliance and design firm mungeleung is a modern design mid-rise residential condominium at the south-east corner of the 45-acre land developed by the CanAlfa Group.

Who knew or predicted? A Clewes (or Clews, as the case may be) in Liberty?

Bliss , or Liberty Towers Phase 2 by Peter Clews of architectsAlliance and design firm mungeleung is a modern design mid-rise residential condominium at the south-east corner of the 45-acre land developed by the CanAlfa Group.

Who knew or predicted? A Clewes (or Clews, as the case may be) in Liberty?
That's great news for this poor neighbourhood of ho-hum boxes that could be easily trumped by almost anything from Mississauga's or Scarborough's city centre.

It'll be exciting to see the building and prices. Peter Clews has been very busy lately with a few projects, though I feel he is a bit over rated... The King West Life is an impressive building ... Their website doesn't do it much justice... you'll have to visit their showroom. Anybody know who the architect is?

It'll be exciting to see the building and prices. Peter Clews has been very busy lately with a few projects, though I feel he is a bit over rated... The King West Life is an impressive building ... Their website doesn't do it much justice... you'll have to visit their showroom. Anybody know who the architect is?

Have to agree with King West Life being impressive however im also not sure the architect. Website is very basic, but id rather they put the money into the building than for an excellent web developer!!!

Prices are great at this building as well, obviously not the prices that Liberty Village Towers buyers got years back but maybe a viable option for those looking to switch as this is right down the road!

Bliss has been on sale for a year and a half and is about 95% sold out. Prices were quite reasonable, but on the whole, prices for Liberty Village are about $100/ft less than Freed's projects. I expect that once a few more condos are completed and people can actually see what liberty village will look like and realize it's amenities, proximity, etc., that that price differential will evaporate and they'll all be around $600/ft.

Attachments

• bliss.jpg
    bliss.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 285
Bliss has been on sale for a year and a half and is about 95% sold out. Prices were quite reasonable, but on the whole, prices for Liberty Village are about $100/ft less than Freed's projects. I expect that once a few more condos are completed and people can actually see what liberty village will look like and realize it's amenities, proximity, etc., that that price differential will evaporate and they'll all be around $600/ft.

The buildings are much uglier than Freed's, though. That, plus Liberty Village isn't as trendy as King & Portland. I don't think prices will reach parity very quickly.

I think Freed's have topped out at the $600/ft range (as will all mid range condo's for the next 5 years at least), but, as I said, as soon as more of Liberty Village is completed and the clubbing of King/Portland starts to annoy people, the prices here (currently $450-$500) will grow and match it. It's actually a vastly more interesting neighbourhood and closer to many amenities. I give it 3 years and they'll be equal. By that time Liberty Towers, Bliss, Liberty Village Townhomes and Lofts, Liberty on the Park, Liberty Market Lofts, Zip, Vibe, and King West Condos should all be completed or nearing completion.

I do agree, however, that so far the buildings aren't as pretty on the exterior as Freed's but on the interior, from what I've seen, they'll be a match, if not better. I've looked at all of Freed's projects and the interior finishes are no better and at times, inferior, especially for the price point.

Also, and unfortunately, great buildings in the middle range of condos ($400-600/ft) don't seem to fetch a higher price. Just look at MOZO vs. King's Court, or Radio City vs. The Met, or even Tip Top vs. DNA. All pretty much equal in price per square foot, but MOZO, Radio City and Tip Top are all substantially better buildings. In fact, something like DNA has far surpassed Tip Top in terms of original cost (they sold at the same time) vs. current resale value.

as soon as more of Liberty Village is completed and the clubbing of King/Portland starts to annoy people, the prices here (currently $450-$500) will grow and match it. It's actually a vastly more interesting neighbourhood and closer to many amenities. I give it 3 years and they'll be equal. By that time Liberty Towers, Bliss, Liberty Village Townhomes and Lofts, Liberty on the Park, Liberty Market Lofts, Zip, Vibe, and King West Condos should all be completed or nearing completion.
I agree that it'll happen, but I'd give it a timeline of closer to 10-15 years before the potential of Liberty Village is really unlocked. I've lived in both areas and I can't agree that Liberty is more interesting (yet). LV developers can namedrop as many ~galleries~ as they want, but the central King West area will always have it beat in terms of location just by being closer to the core, encompassing the theatre/entertainment districts, while at the same time being within throwing distance of all the same beatnik hipster venues as LV.

Of course, the next argument always centres around clubbers and noise levels, but that's entirely subjective and pretty much irrelevant considering that you can draw a line right down the middle of the condo-dwelling population between those willing to put up with or even downright desiring that kind of area to live in versus people who prefer the quiet side-street sort of neighbourhood. I'm basing that on the success and sheer number of developments and proposals, even in the last places you'd expect people to want to live (eww, Richmond & Peter?) -- and keep in mind that these new developments are ultimately gentrifying the neighbourhood and pushing clubs and other unwanted elements out (an observable effect), so any progress in Liberty is pretty much mitigated by central king west's giant head start.

OMG they just closed their facebook group to the public becuase people were tired of people trashing the project. little do they know urban toronto is here for the public to read up on the builder!

Vibe is getting a craine. Liberty towers is still a lake (with even more water after the rain!)

OMG they just closed their facebook group to the public becuase people were tired of people trashing the project. little do they know urban toronto is here for the public to read up on the builder!

Vibe is getting a craine. Liberty towers is still a lake (with even more water after the rain!)

I really don't know why they closed the group, the project has been miss managed and people should know and speak frealy if the canalfa has a problem they should get their sh!t together and get the job done....

July 30

Looking south, it will be popular during the fall migration season if construction does not begin by then.
2720884645_033ece6cd0_b.jpg

Looking southeast.
2720884651_98eaa46756_b.jpg

Back