News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

This project grinds slowly onwards and they seem to have completed bracing the front wall and the roof and top floor have been demolished. I assume they will keep on demolishing and then maybe actually start reconstruction - or really building a new building behind the front wall.

Update on 20 December: As of last night all the walls except the (braced) front wall are removed. Now they can start the rebuilding (or, more accurately, building.

Last edited:
Photos taken 11 January 2013

IMG_2345_1-XL.jpg

IMG_2344_1-XL.jpg

The new part of this is now up to ground level and I assume they will soon start tying the old front wall (all that remains of the old cottages) into the new construction. Interestingly, the new buiklding will have almost exactly the same, small, footprint as the old cottages so the new building will not be too large.

This is moving along quite well, the back brick (red) is basically finished, the front windows are in (wood as far as one can tell behind the fence and screening) and the roof is shingled. The east wall needs to be covered (brick I assume) and then it should be able to be revealed.

The littlest facadectomy project I've seen so far. Not that I mind, though, it'll be a great improvement over what's there at the moment.

This is a total waste of time and resources. It will cost a fortune. Probably twice the cost of knocking it down and rebuilding.

SP!RE said:
It's significant because we want to keep this neighbourhood as historically intact as possible.

I guess both your prayers were answered. ;)

8625895052_0a9460464c_h.jpg

8624785653_b663408454_h.jpg

* pics by anonymous0024 *

Back