Definitely a good news story. There's going to be minor hiccups from time to time with a new building and it sounds like they cleared this up quickly and provided great customer service while doing so. In the end, not only was it fixed right away, but everyone has learned a lot more about the heating of their units. :)

Good to see Cityzen right on the boards and responding to a complain so graciously and efficiently like that! I am impressed :).

Indeed new buildings are going to have their glitches, so it all comes down to the service.

That was pretty remarkable. Other developers should take note of that sort of thing. I'm not in the market for new construction condos, but if I were I'm sure that exchange would have enhanced my desire for a Cityzen product

It's things like this that remind me why I waited to find a project I not only liked, but was also backed by a reputable builder.

Kudos Cityzen.

Shwa:

"There's a goldmine up on the mountainside, but you're never gonna get it if you're never gonna try..."?

Okay. I got my heating issue fixed yesterday. I have to thank Cityzen for the quick resolution.

I wasn't at home yesterday so the info I get on what is happening may not be 100% accurate.

First a person came to my unit to check it and confirmed that one of the heating unit was *not* working (blowing cold air). He said the pump is getting water, but not blowing warm air, which was not correct. He left and about an hour later 3 guys came. One guy went to the roof of the building to check on the pumps (there were 4 total I think?), one guy took out some thing from the heat panel from my unit and put in a new one. There maybe a boiler(?) (1 out of the 4) not working properly or something.

Anyway in the end the heat was FIXED and when I got home, the unit actually felt WARM and I tried to force the heat on by turning up the thermostat and I can feel WARM AIR coming out of the vent.

:)

Sarah was the person I spoke to at 416 777 0316. I have to thank her too!

Hope you guys can get this resolved soon!

hi,

so clearly its been a while now since they fixed your unit. any updates. is it still working? they "fixed" my friends place a a while back, but 2 days later, same issue. it seems they can make it work pefectly if they shut off the economy mode, but by doing this it costs a lot of money in natural gas to run the boilers. so basically my friend is freezing her a** off because the building wants to save money. not sure if this is even legal, but she's speaking to a few people and trying to figure out her options. i am in disbelief. this is why i wanted to know if your heat was still working after they "fixed" it, or whether over time the same thing happened.

if you get a chance, please let me know.

thanks

Good to see Cityzen right on the boards and responding to a complain so graciously and efficiently like that! I am impressed :).

Indeed new buildings are going to have their glitches, so it all comes down to the service.

this is rubbish. it's a publicity ploy by cityzen to make it seem like they care. the service in this building is absolutely horrible according to my friend who (after 5 service calls) hasn't had heat in 3 months, and still doesn't.

I am thinking of buying a small resale unit at LOTE...any opinions?

You will be making a great decision if you do. It's a great building and neighbourhood. A lot of end users and not renters in this building. It's a building that is in high demand as you can see from the psf for these mls listings today. My agent put me and 7 other of her clients in here. I love the finishes in this building.

Are you planning to move in or are you looking to invest? I was going to sell but love the area just way too much.

You will be making a great decision if you do. It's a great building and neighbourhood. A lot of end users and not renters in this building. It's a building that is in high demand as you can see from the psf for these mls listings today. My agent put me and 7 other of her clients in here. I love the finishes in this building.

Are you planning to move in or are you looking to invest? I was going to sell but love the area just way too much.

I am going to buy a studio unit to live in...still waiting for the right unit to come out on MLS. High floor with view and great layout. Which unit(s) would you recommend?

I believe the Stuido floorplans are pretty good. Also the Junior bedroom suites. If you're looking to get a something on a highfloor for a studio you're going to be paying at least $600 psf.

this is rubbish. it's a publicity ploy by cityzen to make it seem like they care. the service in this building is absolutely horrible according to my friend who (after 5 service calls) hasn't had heat in 3 months, and still doesn't.

I had mine fixed quickly and I think a few others too according to previous posts. They should know what the problem is now and hopefully will act on your friend's unit (if she can call again?)......

cdr, thanks for the tips, I'll give that a shot in the spring when the AC needs to be fired up again. I'm not at all concerned about the heat...I actually have the windows open most of the time! I turned it on a couple of times just to make sure it worked at all, but that's it.

yin_yang: thank you for the lovely inspirational quote.

azureray: I'm sure you're well aware, but if you're looking for a view, avoid western facing units in the west tower, or you'll have a lovely view of the L Tower by 2011. Southern facing units are probably out too, I'm assuming 25 The Esplanade blocks any view unless you're on the top few floors. If you go back a few pages in this thread I posted some pics of one of the smaller units in the east tower. I believe there's a couple of studio floorplans here, though you'll have to do without the height. There's still some decent views to be had in the east tower if you're on the upper floors though.

As for Cityzen customer service, I've had nothing but good experiences with them so far. Any time I've called they've addressed any issues promptly. They attempted to fix my dryer when it crapped out, even though it wasn't their obligation to do so. Hell they even fixed some damage I DID while moving in when they were in doing some paint touch ups.

A friend of mine just went through a bidding war to try to get a one + den unit at London on the Esplanade tonight. list was $339,900 and she went back and forth with the seller, with another competing buyer, and stopped at $345,000 and she lost it. apparently she could have got it if she had paid just $1500 more, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. So it was listed for $509 psf and sold for about $521 psf (so far as we know). just thought I'd provide some up to the minute info, as azureray happened to mention wanting to buy in this building today as well.

Back