News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

@Reecemartin - I draw the line with transit.

You are passionate about public transportation, clueless about Edmonton.

You trivialize transportation planning & engineering.

You’re playing with crayons while professional planners & engineers are already giving Edmonton a transit makeover.

Transit Service

The City Plan

Mass Transit Planning

Bus-Based Mass Transit for 1.25 Million People

You have no respect & appreciation for Edmontonians & stakeholders who are engaged & have a responsibility to be engaged.

Why should Edmontonians consider & pander to your fantasy vision?

The amount of adulation you receive is nauseating.

300,000 subscribers makes you into an expert that knows what’s best for cities & public transportation?

You’re not Steve Munro. You’re not even Jarett Walker. You’re a career Youtuber with opinions & a track record of misleading, inaccurate claims.

- YEG Bus Rider

@Reecemartin - I draw the line with transit.

You are passionate about public transportation, clueless about Edmonton.

You trivialize transportation planning & engineering.

You’re playing with crayons while professional planners & engineers are already giving Edmonton a transit makeover.

Transit Service

The City Plan

Mass Transit Planning

Bus-Based Mass Transit for 1.25 Million People

You have no respect & appreciation for Edmontonians & stakeholders who are engaged & have a responsibility to be engaged.

Why should Edmontonians consider & pander to your fantasy vision?

The amount of adulation you receive is nauseating.

300,000 subscribers makes you into an expert that knows what’s best for cities & public transportation?

You’re not Steve Munro. You’re not even Jarett Walker. You’re a career Youtuber with opinions & a track record of misleading, inaccurate claims.

- YEG Bus Rider

Get over yourself, like truly.

I get you care about transit a lot, I think many of us do. Respectful criticism is one thing, but you're personally attacking him now, and only pushing people away from the conversation with your vindictive attitude. Like it or lump it, RM Transit has brought literally thousands of people into the conversation. He's done more than you, I, or anyone else here has done probably to bring people with these interests together.

I don't like swearing here cause I think it's unnecessary 99% of the time, but how the fuck is RM Transit, a literal public-transit-urban-planning-nerd youtuber, so controversial with some people? Literally manifesting severe issues where there genuinely are none. I just don't get it.

Edit: I'd suggest not tagging him anymore in this conversation even if defending him, guys. I think he's made it clear he's not interested in participating in this.

Last edited:
The recent comments in this thread are disappointing and making me consider whether I should continue to frequent this forum. I can’t believe one of the criticisms is how he pronounced Misericordia. As an edmontonian, I’m not even sure if I’ve ever heard the word pronounced out loud.

where exactly does one see his expertise as a planner in use?

Back