News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Like it or lump it, RM Transit has brought literally thousands of people into the conversation. He's done more than you, I, or anyone else here has done probably to bring people with these interests together.

How the fuck is RM Transit, a literal public-transit-urban-planning-nerd youtuber, so controversial with some people?
IMG_7457.jpeg
It seems there are some people here threatened by the opinion of individuals from out of town. Personally ideas from other sources can be helpful and enlightening. In the current situation we had an individual who has dedicated a large percentage of his time focusing on rail transit from around the world, who chose to express his opinions on our system here and giving his two cents, whats wrong with that? At no point do I recall him saying that our planning dept and other shareholders was out to lunch or anything like that. He expressed his opinion as to what he would do, haven't many of us done the same thing on this or other forums? Just because he doesn't call Edmonton his current place of residence he isn't allowed to express his opinion?
I swear this toxic Homer style attitude should not be welcome here. If a person is courteous and voices an opinion he or she has the right to do so without receiving attacks on their credentials or their character. So I guess because I don't have a degree in planning, or engineering or architecture I have no right to comment? and because I only live in Edmonton I'm not allowed to comment on anything anywhere other than here?
If someone wants to make a post here they can do so, if someone wants to create a video (which is positive) about this city and post it online it, great. Any positive mentions of this city posted, especially on a popular social media channel, is more than welcome.
Reece treats Edmonton as a city with no plan, no vision. That was Edmonton in 2015. Bus Network Redesign was the first step towards Edmonton actually having a vision.

The City Plan which was approved in 2020 which covers Mass Transit Planning, Mobility Network, District Planning. I actually think it's a reasonable vision & I also consider the complexities of urban & transportation planning.

Reece has ideas for BRT alignments...

Meanwhile, Urban Planning Committee will receive a report from Urban Planning & Economy + ETS on bus based Mass Transit alignments & implementation on August 27. That work was developed with public engagement & residents were engaged.

Edmonton Transit Service Advisory Board (ETSAB) may receive the report earlier in order to provide feedback to City Council as is within their mandate.

I would never attack any member here for their ideas & opinions on transit expansion. Agree to disagree. I am actually a little concerned about Edmonton Transit Riders (ETR) giving attention to Reece's vision because I think it WILL diminish their credibility with city administration (Edmonton Transit Service).

Reece? As a career city/transit commentator, that does not apply to him. It's more than just mis-prouncing words, it's about having respect for Edmontonians who actually care enough about their city to consider, think critically & understand about what their city is actually doing.

My harsh criticism stands, minus the personal attacks.

Last edited:
Thank you for the link, however, I see nothing that shows any actual useage by any authority.

Have I missed something???

Back