News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Very interesting numbers, but incidents % of total rides is a useless metric, if I see 1 on my ride it's 100%

Wonder if they could provide incidents by location and time frames, as I suspect it's worse at certain times and locations

Overall, in the past month I've seen a very heavy presence of tpos, police, youth out reach etc. BUT they are always busy, doesn't seem to be any less activity...

Then again, that is what I've seen...
Anecdotal experiences are more powerful than people realize. I stopped taking Vancouver Skytrain after repeated incidents over a 6 month period that turned my 1 hour commute into 3 up to a whopping 6 hour commute. I didn't get home until 11pm on the worst of it. 99.9% reliability means little for the people who faced the badly fumbled 0.1%.

I've been taking the LRT once or twice every weekday for the past month, and it's definitely improved in terms of how comfortable I feel on the train and in the stations.
As someone who takes it now on a pretty regular basis, it's much better than 2021-2022. I'm seeing more Transit Peace Officers and more anti-loitering enforcement in some stations. It helps that ridership for all lines seems to be getting busier and busier every month.

Yes, one day earlier this week I was using a stair well I often use and there was a large group loitering there, but that was unusual lately and I hadn't seen it for a while. The next time I went through the same stair well it was fine.

Back