News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Washing Machine : There is so much trouble with these electronic washing machines . The old mechanical washing machines were so much better . The machine is quite frequently flashing an A 10 error message. That means that it is having a balance problem with the wash and it is necessary to put in another three or four towels , which are clean , to balance the load . What a waste to put in clean towels but that is how these machines were designed . Anyone else getting an A 10 error message with these washing machines ?

Is it a Whirlpool? There are lots of references for A10 error on washing machines. They seem to point to the drain plug.

For Example (note - your drain plug may be somewhere else):

I have had technicians out to look at this problem and actually this is even my second washer . This is a Whirlpool, the same model as the previous one . I bought the same model again because since the dryer sits on top of the washer they have to match, otherwise you have to replace both the washer and dryer. Since it also sits in a storage closet there is the space limitation as well . It is not as simple as when someone lives in a house and can get whatever they want. The technicians never found a drainage problem and always blamed the error message on a balance problem, improper load in the machine.

I have had technicians out to look at this problem and actually this is even my second washer . This is a Whirlpool, the same model as the previous one . I bought the same model again because since the dryer sits on top of the washer they have to match, otherwise you have to replace both the washer and dryer. Since it also sits in a storage closet there is the space limitation as well . It is not as simple as when someone lives in a house and can get whatever they want. The technicians never found a drainage problem and always blamed the error message on a balance problem, improper load in the machine.

Had a problem with my washer, forgot the error code. Basically what happened was the person installing the washer mixed up the HOT and COLD connectors, so plugging COLD into the HOT, and HOT into COLD. This caused the circuit on the Washer to malfunction. Thankfully it was repaired under warranty and the technician switched the connectors to the rightful spot. No issues since.

Had a problem with my washer, forgot the error code. Basically what happened was the person installing the washer mixed up the HOT and COLD connectors, so plugging COLD into the HOT, and HOT into COLD. This caused the circuit on the Washer to malfunction. Thankfully it was repaired under warranty and the technician switched the connectors to the rightful spot. No issues since.

This happens a lot. I had the same thing when I lived in a house but I noticed it on my own and switched it . It is easier to notice these things in a house because there everything is out in the open .

Most definitely not! I think you and I both are on the 3rd floor and sometimes its so absolutely disgusting, I even see a faint cloud of smoke in the hall at times. It starts to seep into my foyer. I don't understand why people just can't smoke on their balconies.

Yep, we're on the 3rd floor. It's the unit across from me (rental). Anyways, I sealed my door outside and inside, got an air purifier by the door as well. I've made several complaints to management, but going nowhere. Now I hardly smell the smoke inside my unit unless I go outside.

Get weatherstrips tape from Homedepot and seal the entire door, it helps.

Last edited:
Yep, we're on the 3rd floor. It's the unit across from me (rental). Anyways, I sealed my door outside and inside, got an air purifier by the door as well. I've made several complaints to management, but going nowhere. Now I hardly smell the smoke inside my unit unless I go outside.

Get weatherstrips tape from Homedepot and seal the entire door, it helps.

I weatherstripped about 50% of the door to keep ,or rather try to keep , odours out of the unit. I hesitate to seal it off completely because the door is deliberately shaved . To seal it off completely would defeat the purpose of having a gap in the doors. I think that the gap is there because if there is a fire in a unit and the smoke can't escape, then the unit would blow up from the pressure, I think . Other than that I don't see why they wanted the gap, unless for air circulation perhaps.

Most definitely not! I think you and I both are on the 3rd floor and sometimes its so absolutely disgusting, I even see a faint cloud of smoke in the hall at times. It starts to seep into my foyer. I don't understand why people just can't smoke on their balconies.

The reason is quite obvious. Most people only care about themselves, they aren't going to stand outside in the cold on their balcony . Also you heard what they do in those instances, they throw their cigarettes off the balcony without even putting it out !

The reason is quite obvious. Most people only care about themselves, they aren't going to stand outside in the cold on their balcony . Also you heard what they do in those instances, they throw their cigarettes off the balcony without even putting it out !

50% won't do for me, smoke comes in like crazy...especially when this guy smokes cigars...Poo-eww. I rather take my chances and seal the whole door than to inhale 2nd hand smoke.

Hi

With the upcoming AGM announced would anyone be interested in meeting at the media room, the on site coffee shop or other prior to the AGM to meet discuss and put together a prioritized list of issues and concerns.
If yes please suggest some dates and times and preferred location.

Hi everyone, just joined this forum. I'm running for the board because I'm tired of what's been happening with M1, M2's management. Been an owner and resident for over 5 years now. Figured it's time to step up and try to do something about our situation otherwise I don't think I can afford to live here anymore based on the rate the maintenance fee is increasing.

Back