News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

You stayed away because of design options? Hardly a reason, that is pretty much the one thing you have the ability to change. I didnt like them either, in fact, hated them, so I forked over some dough and got what I liked. Done and done.

yes I stayed away from Liberty Developments because of the shady workmanship and poor standard features (as seen in built projects like EKO + Thornhill City Centre) ... a typical purchaser buys a condo units with the expectation that it would basically be move in ready and not require additional work (ie: change flooring or backsplash) after taking ownership, the additional effort/headache of coordinating contractors for 'after market' upgrades would be an option that I'll excercise if I had no other choice

so what's everyone's opinion on the average age of tenants in the first 2 buildings? mainly first time home owners? young family/kids in their 20s? (those are both my opinions)...

col.forbin ... I highly recommend you go tour units @ EKO or Thornhill City Centre, you'll see that the quality of condos suites + common areas Liberty built are relatively below par as compared with other builders like Times Group, Empire, Tridel, Menkes, Minto etc.

Solaris - i appreciate the suggestion, but having already purchased i see no need to start looking around. i'll get what i get andl make the most of it in appropriate upgrades

so what's everyone's opinion on the average age of tenants in the first 2 buildings? mainly first time home owners? young family/kids in their 20s? (those are both my opinions)...

M2 owner - first time buyer - just turned 30 - getting married this summer - professional

Go through the reports, they have TONS of visuals. You will be fine!

I am excited for all this.

mrl14, what do you think? re: http://www.toronto.ca/planning/pdf/dowsview_phase4_rep_summary_jan10.pdf

page 13 & 14

Any development in that area will be fantastic. If they build a strip mall or grocery store on the south west side of allen/sheppard or some mixed condo/office, yeah you might lose your 'view', but I think you would take that over that area remaining as bleak as it is now.

Worst case, buy a place on the other side and move :)

Saw these plans last year, and I'm pretty excited about this. We're all going to make a lot of money over the next 5-10 years :D

Hey Guys,

I bought Queens Park in M1 3rd floor. I have a question for anyone who bought on the 3rd floor in either M1 or M2. Did you get the upgraded cabinets in the kitchen since it is a 9 foot ceiling floor?

I bough on opening night for M1 so my closing dates where the following:

late Sep 09
then moved to mid April 2010
then moved to end of may 2010
and now end of June!!

I think one of the reasons for the delay is also that they have to complete some of the digging for M3 & M4 since the parking entrance is trough there. also last I hear each building will be registered separatelly!!

as for the age range , 25 moving in with the girlfriend!!

One good thing for all of you that bought on M1 is that we get our own GYM asdes from club liberty so it wont be as busy!!

M2, M3 & M4 will have to share the Gym that will be located I believe underground in M2 since the pool will be underground between M2 & M3

Another good thing about M1 is that it wont be as populated as the other buildings. it has less appartments.

Check this link out for the Future of Downsview park!!
http://www.downsviewpark.ca/eng/illustrations.shtml

I have a question for anyone who bought on the 3rd floor in either M1 or M2. Did you get the upgraded cabinets in the kitchen since it is a 9 foot ceiling floor?

I was planning on getting the 42 inch uppers, but after I heard the price, I said forget it. They would look great, but couldnt justify the price. Did you get them?

last I hear each building will be registered separatelly!!

So that means 4 condo boards maintaining 4 budgets? Sounds very costly, or am I assuming incorrectly? Who told you this?

One good thing for all of you that bought on M1 is that we get our own GYM asdes from club liberty so it wont be as busy!! M2, M3 & M4 will have to share the Gym that will be located I believe underground in M2 since the pool will be underground between M2 & M3

That sounds wonderful, but again, who told you this? Was this a revision after they went to market? Again, sounds costly to have 2 gyms. Convienent, yes!

Another good thing about M1 is that it wont be as populated as the other buildings. it has less appartments.

Agreed.

I was planning on getting the 42 inch uppers, but after I heard the price, I said forget it. They would look great, but couldnt justify the price. Did you get them?

So that means 4 condo boards maintaining 4 budgets? Sounds very costly, or am I assuming incorrectly? Who told you this?

That sounds wonderful, but again, who told you this? Was this a revision after they went to market? Again, sounds costly to have 2 gyms. Convienent, yes!

Agreed.

Well,

The cabinets where a free upgrade for me. I had to fight for them (the upgrade price was $1,000.00 I believe), I had originally purchased on the 2nd but moved to the 3rd floor as I heard too many bad things about 2nd floors (with plumbing) and the 9 foot ceilings where a selling point for me.

Not sure about the condo boards. But regarding registration they did tell me each one will be registered separately to not delay things. Not sure if they changed this.

Here is a link to the amenities of M1 buddy it has always been part of their plan for M1
http://www.libertydevelopment.ca/metroplace/amenities/m1amenity.html
If you look beside the party room there is the GYM, it is a smaller one. We also get a movie room in M1

Where did you purchase?

Not sure about the condo boards. But regarding registration they did tell me each one will be registered separately to not delay things. Not sure if they changed this.

Who mentioned it, the sales staff? Liberty's lawyers? The design team? Just trying to figure out the validity of it all.

Anyone else knew about it?

"I think one of the reasons for the delay is also that they have to complete some of the digging for M3 & M4 since the parking entrance is trough there."

i'm almost positive there is an entrance to the parking garage through m2. and by almost, i mean 100%

i'm not contesting there being an entrance under m3/m4, but there is also an entrance in m2 that could service the first two buildings before m3 became an issue

i'm not contesting there being an entrance under m3/m4, but there is also an entrance in m2 that could service the first two buildings before m3 became an issue

Dude you got me there! Where is the entrance located? I was under the impression that there would only be one entrance for all for buildings.

Back