News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

when are they going to replace the M2 black lady guard at week nights? I thought the guard are in rotation and she is in M2 for quite a while now. I don't like her, she is very arrogant! Everytime i claimed for a package from the mail, it seems she don't like to do it and just continue talking to her phone. She even sounded like yelling when saying "sign!"...

OH MY GOD!!!!!! I cannot stand her, she is so rude and her tone is unjustified - I don't care if you don't like your job, learn some people skills! I even saw her one time taking under her breath very rudley to a contractor like he was dumb. I will purposely wait till the weekend sometimes to pick up my package rather than deal with someone who is that god damn bitchy.

The funny thing is sometimes i see her talking and laughing so nice to some people, then I go up to her and nothing she barely acknowledges me, she is absolutely ridiculous, she makes it seem like her job is such a damn chore. I am sorry I can't stand her and I don't say that about much people but if it causes me to avoid picking up my mail in my own home there is a problem.

I get that sometimes from her. But I just shrug it off, my mails are more important. :cool:

OH MY GOD!!!!!! I cannot stand her, she is so rude and her tone is unjustified - I don't care if you don't like your job, learn some people skills! I even saw her one time taking under her breath very rudley to a contractor like he was dumb. I will purposely wait till the weekend sometimes to pick up my package rather than deal with someone who is that god damn bitchy.

The funny thing is sometimes i see her talking and laughing so nice to some people, then I go up to her and nothing she barely acknowledges me, she is absolutely ridiculous, she makes it seem like her job is such a damn chore. I am sorry I can't stand her and I don't say that about much people but if it causes me to avoid picking up my mail in my own home there is a problem.

Wow. Sorry some of you feel that way. I've been here a few years and she's probably the best we've had (and Kevin, weekends in the daytime and 3 overnights every week). Most people seem to like her, or at least most that have been around a while. I'm the other way: I'll only pick up a package if it's her or Kevin. She's great to me, great to my parents when they come to visit and I'd really like her to stick around a long time.

So last night , at the Christmas party, I heard a disturbing rumor from another resident and owner here at Metro Place . This resident told me that one of the board members , I can't divulge the name without proof, is working for Online Property Management ,which is owned by Liberty Development. If this is true then it is a conflict of interest and a very serious matter indeed.

Does anyone else want to voice their opinion on this ?

So it was addressed, and Dona Gamage is a building manager elsewhere, and works for Online Property Management. The lawyer said it's not a conflict of interest, as long as she does not participate when the topic is the management contract.

So it was addressed, and Dona Gamage is a building manager elsewhere, and works for Online Property Management. The lawyer said it's not a conflict of interest, as long as she does not participate when the topic is the management contract.

I also heard this reply from the lawyer and was dumfounded. How can it NOT be a conflict of interest? I'd like to get another opinion from someone who is familiar these types of situations. And or have the lawyer shows us a document supporting it is not a conflict of interest not just what he said at a meeting. Anyone else have concern here?

I also heard this reply from the lawyer and was dumfounded. How can it NOT be a conflict of interest? I'd like to get another opinion from someone who is familiar these types of situations. And or have the lawyer shows us a document supporting it is not a conflict of interest not just what he said at a meeting. Anyone else have concern here?

Well, we elected someone who told us they're a condo manager elsewhere with lots of experience in property management, so it's on us for voting for her (yes I just dug up her original platform that was sent to all owners… "Currently, I am working with one of largest real estate development/management companies in Ontario." She never mentioned which company, or what she manages, so that might be a little shady). But before the witch hunt (though, hey: burning someone at the stake could keep our heating bills down), how would it be a conflict of interest? She's not an original board member, so she had nothing to do with the turnover from Liberty. Our problems were caused by paying off mortgages we couldn't afford to pay off, but Liberty has nothing to do with that because they wrote those mortgages into our original purchase contracts (which had 100% support, otherwise you'd buy elsewhere). And we didn't pay Liberty to pay off the mortgages, we paid the bank. Liberty was paid for the units before Dona joined the board. The management contract has been looked at during her term, but I know Lillian wanted to keep Online Property Management around because she wanted to hold their contract over the heads of Liberty to get a settlement for building deficiencies (and she told me that very proudly, so I don't think we can put that on Dona). Is there any way that Dona is in conflict of interest besides the management contract, which she has to recuse herself from discussing? Like is there anyway that Liberty/Online Property Management has benefited that has not been in our condo corporation's best interests? Because THAT'S conflict of interest.

Thanks for the reply LongTimeListener We can agree to disagree on this. Having a board member who can't fully function in their duties and brings doubt to the picture was definitely a bad choice. Perception is key. Hopefully lessoned learned. However I would like to emphasis that there CAN be a conflict of interest with Dona separate from the troubles we are facing with special assessment, reserve fund and MF increases. I don't see the issues connected as I think you suggest.

On another note can you help out the new guy.

Can someone provide email addresses to individual board members and or tell me where the mail addresses are located?
Can someone direct me to the minutes from previous meetings?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply LongTimeListener We can agree to disagree on this. Having a board member who can't fully function in their duties and brings doubt to the picture was definitely a bad choice. Perception is key. Hopefully lessoned learned. However I would like to emphasis that there CAN be a conflict of interest with Dona separate from the troubles we are facing with special assessment, reserve fund and MF increases. I don't see the issues connected as I think you suggest.

Can someone provide email addresses to individual board members and or tell me where the mail addresses are located?

Thanks

If you can't explain how she's in conflict on interest, you're just libelling her on a public forum.

Talk to the management office. They should have all the records of meeting minutes, and contact information for board members.

Thanks

Just an FYI on your post there ... we are not having any problems with our reserve fund. Our fund is actually extremely healthy and adheres to the condo bylaws regarding adequate funding.

Well I emailed management and Board of directors....lets see if they acknowledge my email.
This is a good idea because there are a lot of cars covered with salt here . There is really no way to wash a car here because one would have to carry buckets of water down to the underground garage to do so. Another thing we could use here is a laundry room in case someone's washing machine breaks down or if they need a large tub to wash something .

True. Oh well, doesn't hurt to try I suppose.

The problem is where are they going to put it ? Empty space in the underground garage belongs to the builder and is very valuable . The board would have to pay a lot of money to acquire the space for the car wash , lockers go for $4000 to $8000 and parking stalls sell for $22,000 . I highly doubt that there is money available for something so frivolous .

Gonna go with Peter on this one. My microwave stopped working, and the repair would be $200. It was more worth it to just go buy a new one and take the 5 year warranty (install and warranty alone was $200 at Future Shop, but at least it has more features and can be repaired for no cost for the next bunch of years).

My microwave just died. It doesn't heat the food any longer. Anybody else has had the same issue?

Not sure if I should fix it or just get a new one.

I reported a pot hole that I saw on a Provincial Highway 5 months ago . Yesterday I was traveling on that same stretch of highway again and lo and behold what do I see , the pot hole is still there . This shows that a person should not waste their time reporting pot holes that they see on Provincial roads or highways in the Province of Ontario.

Good to know. I'll avoid Highway 5.

Back