Has anything this size ever sold for that price per sqft (>$600)?

People can list for whatever they want....maybe the seller is a bit too optimistic, especially since many now under-price a bit on purpose when listing.

Same unit but on the 7th floor with parking, sold for $430K about 2-3 weeks ago iirc

Does anyone have information or received any info from the builders? Are we still slated for occupancy June/July?

Does anyone have information or received any info from the builders? Are we still slated for occupancy June/July?

I'm on 30th floor, they told me Nov 7. It looks like they're on schedule. I really hope they put a nice bar or restaurant on the ground floor.

Hope so as well.... I'm on the 8th floor and they told me July 22nd....but this was last year. I'm anticipating some sort of communication as the time begins to ramp up

Hi All,

First off, I wanted to say hi to all the future neighbors out there. The building is starting to shape up and is looking to go through the last phase of details and what not.

Looking at this thread, it seems like there is a lot of negative feelings on the architecture of the building. I believe architectural like/hate is a subjective matter and personally, it should only matter to the owners. Sure you it might look like a blemish on the skyline to you, but you can say that about 100 other buildings as well. I personally like it, and don’t mind it’s not an ‘outstanding example of fine architecture’ or ‘a chance lost’.

For those who care, worry not, the building is shaping up to be the better ones out there on the market, at least from a technical standpoint. The condo docs are set up in a way that will allow our building to be commissioned at start up and sometime in the future. Very few buildings will receive such treatment and should help in control building maintenance cost from increasing too much annually. Enermodal is also tasked with the LEED application for this building and hopefully I hope the building achieves at least Silver. For the nay sayers out there, yes the building is almost all glass, but so is the new RBC center (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RBC_Centre), and that got Gold (Enermodal did the LEED submission for that too I believe). How is this possible you say? Or maybe your thinking LEED is a bunch of hogwash? Well, for the non-believers, it’s done using some top of the line equipment and some good design decisions.

Owners rejoice! Your HVAC systems will be the envy of many other owners of other condominiums out there. I have on good authority that units at the M5V will be using CSSI hybrid heat pumps. Now not to bore you folks with engineering babel, basically, the heat pumps will operate like a fan coil unit (i.e. a radiator and fan) during the summer and a traditional heat pump during the summer. This allows for a much more efficient operation throughout the year (no 2-way expansion value), increase reliability and possibly extended life (thus saving our precious maintenance fee’s). The ability to use the hybrid heat pumps is likely one of the main cause of the loss (or should I say gain?) of the mechanical space/new residential in the mid-building cut out.

Oh, that reminds me.. somewhere in this thread I saw someone say how useless a mid-building mechanical penthouse is? You sir/ma’am, are probably not a building engineer or designer (if you are, a poor one) or learn’ed in the ways of physics. The purpose of a mid rise mechanical room is to house the distribution equipment and possibly the domestic water side of things. What that means is, pumps are sized to provide water (domestic or heat pump loop water) to the part of the pipe network which is typically the “furthest away†(actually, it’s the part that has the most pressure drop). When a mechanical system is located on in the basement or the roof, the pump must work through that much more friction loss to accommodate because it’s not scaling the whole height of the building. This is why the wise engineers (HH Angus?) who designed the TD towers, which scale 60+ stores, have multiple penthouses at roughly every 1/3 of the way up.

What this means for owners is that the energy to pump are loop is decreased, and the connected load is also lower, which should lower our demand charges from the city, and this translates into lower maintenance costs again (hurrrraaa!!). I’m assuming all equipment will have all the nice bells and whistles to save energy (the pump motors will be on variable drive, fans on variable, etc) as well – they need to at least get the prerequisite energy credit for LEED, if not 1 or 2 credits as well. Throw in some low VOC materials, some waste reduction plans, water savings here and there, and the site credits will definitely got.. and we have a LEED sliver building folks. Did I mention we will be commissioned at least twice? Hopefully we can elect some wise folks on our board to make sure they do a check up every so often.

What I’m curious on is the type of amenities we’ll have… anyone heard of a pool/spa? Or maybe just a gym?

Going to check out the building sans-hording tonight!

Oh yeah... just under the mid-penthouse on the 12th... they said move in Sept 15th.... we'll see

We are on the 7th floor and have a tentative move in date of mid July. I am very excited to see how they finish the building. Hopefully it will be classy and disperse all the negativity.

What are you meaning you mention 'commissioned' in the above post?

To my knowledge there are NO POOL or HOTUB. There WILL be a SAUNA and a FITNESS room. This information as gleamed from a tenants meeting form a long time ago. PLans do change though...

I still find it hard to believe that no one has information or at least rumours on who the commercial tenants will be on the ground floor. Anyone?

We are on the 7th floor and have a tentative move in date of mid July.

We're on the 7th floor as well and last I heard was August. I would welcome any move-in date that's sooner as I have a kid due in June and it looks like he'll be sleeping in a box until we get that second bedroom.

I haven't heard much about potential stores or ammenities, but from the tenant's meeting there was a lot of resistance to putting water amenities because owners felt the ongoing maintenance cost would outweigh the benefits.

Hey Lazarus - which unit did you purchase? It'd be cool to get to know my neighbours.

Thanks for asking Lazarus

I'll take the definition of commissioning right out of the LEED 2009 handbook, since it does such a great job at explaining it.

Commissioning is the process of: verifying that the project's energy related systems are are installed, calibrated and perform according to the owner’s project requirements, basis of design, and construction documents.

Benefits of commissioning include reduced energy use, lower operating costs, reduced contractor callbacks, better building documentation, improved occupant productivity, and verification that the systems perform in accordance with the owner’s project requirements.

Believe it or not, very few residential projects get this kind of treatment. Heck, projects in general don't get this kind of treatment. Good for owners. Hopefully we get enhanced commissioning as well.

Congrats Jay for getting the mid July move in letter. We're in suite 707, on the north/east corner. Greta view of shoppers drug mart and mountain equipment coop. Ha. What unit are you? We may have to share the elevator when moving our stuff in.

Thanks Kaji for defining what context commissioning was for in regards to LEED Certification. The LEED features are one of the reasons we went with M5V. I hope it translates into lower maintenance fees and lower monthly bills.

Unit 703 at the SE corner of the building. We're facing the CN Tower, but I'm not certain if we're high enough to see past SOHO. Has anyone else received a confirmed occupancy date letter?

I was reviewing the Dec 2009 condo docs and it talked about amenities. I'm not certain whether that section changed from the one we received in 2007, but it basically confirmed a party room, games room, gym, yoga studio, sauna, and BBQ (so no water amenities). Also, I was under the impression that we'd have individual meters for all utilities, but it sounded as if we have it for just water & hydro (not gas). Thought that was peculiar since we all have gas stoves & BBQ lines.

Hey folks, just received some mail from M5V- notifying me of my PDI (Pre-Delivery-Inspection) appointment.......wow this is exciting........We must be really close to moving in? I had a move in date of July 22.....just wondering from this if it may be sooner. Anybody else get one?

I got the same letter, but mine is for Sept, move-in for me is Nov 7. I'm on 29th floor.

That's exciting!!!!Congrats!! I'm on the 8th. 29th floor....so I'm assuming that the building get's registered before the year end.

Back