To Mirage:

Did the developer give a reason as to why the wooden doors were left out? nevertheless, relieved we're still getting the gate!!

Here's what they said about the enterance and columns:

After discussion with our security consultants, it was advised that glass doors would provide the concierge with a clearer view to the outside than the security cameras could offer. The safety and well-being of our homeowners is a top priority, and as such we followed the advice of our consultants. However, the iron gates are still scheduled. the columns will have a finishing treatment on them. They are not yet complete.

I personally don't buy the security crap and will push for those gates once I move in - I advise other tenants to do so as well.

i wrote to them too but haven't yet received a response although not getting the wooden doors due to security concerns doesn't sit well with me either. all owners will have to buzz to get into the building so what difference does it make whether the concierge has a clearer view or not? I doubt they'll be staring outside for potential trespassers 24/7 now that the interior doors are glass.

A friend had their PDI today and I went with him. It went without much of a problem. I would say that his unit is 100% completed. There's nothing else that needs to be done. The finishes were good as expected. The workmanship was top notch compared to other PDI's we've seen.

He has concrete ceilings. There are some parts that were not smooth, also swirl marks from a grinder I think, but nothing major.

The lobby and the hallways look pretty plain.

I also purchased a unit and my PDI will be in August. I will have some pictures for you guys then for sure.

I remember that one of their selling features were seperate water metering. It turns out that Water is included in the maintenance.

Gas and Water will be included in the maintenance fees.

walked by the condo yesterday and the entrance walkway has now been completed with alternating darker and lighter grey stone....looks good.

also, does anyone have photos of their units from their recent PDI? if so, i'd love to see them as well as photos of the hallways!

walked by the condo yesterday and the entrance walkway has now been completed with alternating darker and lighter grey stone....looks good.

also, does anyone have photos of their units from their recent PDI? if so, i'd love to see them as well as photos of the hallways!

Here are pics we took from our PDI on June 15th: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/31462482/1/M5V (Jun 2011)?h=b76a6e

The lobby and hallways weren't completely finished, but the unit was 95% done. A few things needed to be fixed, but there were some head scratchers that could've been executed better.

For example, the closet in the master bedroom did not have enough clearance so we only have a shelf. We'll have to figure out another solution to make it a functional walk-in closet.

Also, there is a step leading to the balcony that effectively eats up another 6" where a sofa would have been placed. Most balconies I've seen do not have this additional step if the unit wasn't so sunken.

Here are pics we took from our PDI on June 15th: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/31462482/1/M5V (Jun 2011)?h=b76a6e

The lobby and hallways weren't completely finished, but the unit was 95% done. A few things needed to be fixed, but there were some head scratchers that could've been executed better.

For example, the closet in the master bedroom did not have enough clearance so we only have a shelf. We'll have to figure out another solution to make it a functional walk-in closet.

Also, there is a step leading to the balcony that effectively eats up another 6" where a sofa would have been placed. Most balconies I've seen do not have this additional step if the unit wasn't so sunken.

Is that allowed? That's ridiculous.

Nice unit btw.

thanks for the photos, your suite looks great! our PDI is this week and i'll keep in mind to look out for the step to the balcony as well as the walk-in closet issue...out of curiosity, what did M5V say to you about the closet?

@TheKingEast: The condo docs are full of clauses that allow the builder to do whatever, within reason. It's just the within reason part is a moving target - we tried to limit changes to within 2% and it still resulted in some unforeseen changes.

@Romanpug2: They told us that the M23A floor actually only show dotted lines, indicating a shelf. Buyers commonly assume there's supposed to be a bar there - something not really pointed out to us when purchasing the unit.

The issue with the longer shelf is that it is only 11" inches deep from the closet door, whereas a hanger would need closer to 13" to fit properly. We'll probably just install a closet solution to use up more of the height.

thx for further info :) i'm going over my place with a fine-toothed comb tomorrow!

I'd love to see some pictures if you could take them! my inspection isnt till october so I'd like to see as much as i can so i can be well prepared.

Thanks!

Our PDI went surprisingly well. I was a little nervous about the issue of whether we'd have a bar in our walk-in closet but we did so that was a relief. Floors, windows, cabinets, all appliances...all good, but couldn't check gas because it's not running in whole building yet. if there is an issue, you need to use 30-day form to advise Tarion.
Having said that, a few things will need to be fixed but nothing major: nick in the drywall in the front hallway ceiling, missing face towel bar in en suite bathroom, 2 of the lightbulbs in kitchen and chipped slate tile in powder room need replacing. also, we asked them to do over the caulking around the tub and the powder room sink since parts of it were thin. these fixes should be done by the time we take occupancy on july 15th.
i asked the rep about the iron gate in the entrance and he reconfirmed it's still a go; no wooden doors though for same excuse already mentioned above (security issue).
I also asked to see our parking and locker but wasn't able to since those haven't been assigned yet.

Here are 15 photos of our PDI: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/33242335/1/m5vpdi?h=204bf2

PS. Rumour of commercial tenant on ground floor seems to be Starbucks which i find hard to believe as there is a Starbucks in the Hyatt across the street and a Timothy's on the west corner by Mountain Equipment Co-op. How many coffee shops do we need in 1 block?

Last edited:

Back