concrete in balcony treated not to slip (smaller one off bedroom); concrete slabs in terrace (larger one off living room)....my husband wasn't pleased with the slabs because some were uneven but apparently that's considered a "common area for individual use" so we'd have to discuss same with property manager later.

After seeing a couple pics...here are my observations:

kitchens are nice (nice appliances)
bathroom tile work
cement ceillings
layouts

dislikes:
popcorn ceilings (should not see this in a modern building)
overmount sink in the bathroom (it's undermount in the kitchen, why not in the bathroom?)
strip of hardwood moulding on the floor in romanpug2's 14th pic. (that looks terribly amateur. I wonder if they can change that)
Although the 2 units look quite nice, the overall product seems a little underwhelming. I guess my expectations were too high.

they were charging too much for undermount sinks in the bathrooms so we opted to do that ourselves later on; we also chose the more expensive undermount sink in the kitchen which had the pipes at the back of the sink rather than in the middle which would give us more storage space underneath. As you can see from the photos, we could use as much cabinet space as possible :)

they were charging too much for undermount sinks in the bathrooms so we opted to do that ourselves later on; we also chose the more expensive undermount sink in the kitchen which had the pipes at the back of the sink rather than in the middle which would give us more storage space underneath. As you can see from the photos, we could use as much cabinet space as possible :)

Oh, so undermount sink wasn't standard in the kitchen? That's odd. But OK, that makes a lot of sense and you made the right decision.

@thekingeast: the regular undermounted sink (with pipes in the middle) may have been standard (can't recall) but we upgraded to the undermount sink with the pipes in the back which was $200 - 300 extra i believe.

After seeing a couple pics...here are my observations:

dislikes:
popcorn ceilings (should not see this in a modern building)
overmount sink in the bathroom (it's undermount in the kitchen, why not in the bathroom?)
strip of hardwood moulding on the floor in romanpug2's 14th pic. (that looks terribly amateur. I wonder if they can change that)
Although the 2 units look quite nice, the overall product seems a little underwhelming. I guess my expectations were too high.

Popcorn ceilings? I was given 3 options: exposed concrete, painted concrete, or plastered ceilings.

Popcorn ceilings? I was given 3 options: exposed concrete, painted concrete, or plastered ceilings.

I was going by this image:
2ppg0h2.jpg

Looks like popcorn to me when you look near the window, you can tell.

@ KingEast

The edge that looks like 'popcorn' is actually just the rough edge of the concrete painted white.

If anyone has done a PDI on a TINY unit in M5V--I would love to see pics. I think I have purchased one of the smallest ones and would love to temper my expectations before I actually see it.....:))

Similarly, if anyone has done a PDI for the M17 layout (copy of the model suite) - I'd greatly appreciate some pics as well! Thanks so much!

Our PDI went surprisingly well. I was a little nervous about the issue of whether we'd have a bar in our walk-in closet but we did so that was a relief. Floors, windows, cabinets, all appliances...all good, but couldn't check gas because it's not running in whole building yet. if there is an issue, you need to use 30-day form to advise Tarion.
Having said that, a few things will need to be fixed but nothing major: nick in the drywall in the front hallway ceiling, missing face towel bar in en suite bathroom, 2 of the lightbulbs in kitchen and chipped slate tile in powder room need replacing. also, we asked them to do over the caulking around the tub and the powder room sink since parts of it were thin. these fixes should be done by the time we take occupancy on july 15th.
i asked the rep about the iron gate in the entrance and he reconfirmed it's still a go; no wooden doors though for same excuse already mentioned above (security issue).
I also asked to see our parking and locker but wasn't able to since those haven't been assigned yet.

Here are 15 photos of our PDI: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/33242335/1/m5vpdi?h=204bf2

PS. Rumour of commercial tenant on ground floor seems to be Starbucks which i find hard to believe as there is a Starbucks in the Hyatt across the street and a Timothy's on the west corner by Mountain Equipment Co-op. How many coffee shops do we need in 1 block?

It's been StarBuck's recent strategy to squeeze out the competitors by taking up all avaliable. As long as they provide an adaquate experience to their customers, it's not an issue from a marketing point of view. The starbucks in the Hyatt can get pretty busy, so the cannibalization affect shouldn't be excessive.

Anyone have this issue yet...
We are moving in on Monday July 19 so i called ROGERS to have my cable and internet moved to the building. ROGERS said that M5V won't be able to get cable or internet until Aug 19 as the building is not ready yet. I find this hard to believe? Does anyone have these services yet at M5V?

Huge hassle to be without internet for a month, but it sounds pretty typical of new construction. How was your PDI Lazarus?
Was everything else as you expected?

Anyone have this issue yet...
We are moving in on Monday July 19 so i called ROGERS to have my cable and internet moved to the building. ROGERS said that M5V won't be able to get cable or internet until Aug 19 as the building is not ready yet. I find this hard to believe? Does anyone have these services yet at M5V?

Teksavvy told me similar. Not yet classified as residential building according to their system. They didn't mention a date, though. As someone who works from home, that's a huge problem for me.

Back