News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

A large majority of people just care about subways, so it will fall on deaf ears...

Superfluous meaning extra to what is necessary. Also, I clearly said the 501 could use more service....I'm just not sure that hyper-service is warranted on all streetcar lines at all times. I'm no expert on ridership numbers and only go by what I experience so I know the 501 and 504 need more service, but am satisfied that the 512 has enough.

I'll say it again so that it doesn't look like I'm disagreeing with you re: service on the 501 (as if it somehow wasn't already clear): as far as I can tell, there could be a streetcar come every 3 minutes along Queen Street West and it'd still fill up. They don't come every 3 minutes therefore service clearly needs to be improved.

PS: Also, yeah....what JWBF quoted above. :p

Please...just stop talking. Unless of course you actually have anything beginning to resemble evidence that it's even possible to have "unnecessary" streetcar service, let alone why anyone would think I was suggesting there be "unnecessary" service. The 504 has 2 minute headways (on paper anyway), and it's still crush loads.

And I'll alert the 512 customers that some hairdo on the internet is satisfied that their service does not require improvement.

The city is more likely to find sponsors by waiting until the last minute. Nothing beats a story about a company coming in to save the day. Lining up for next year means less bang for a sponsor's buck. A company is always willing to pay a premium for that kind of exposure.

This signage doesn't seem like much 'bang'.

4pul92.jpg

Please...just stop talking. Unless of course you actually have anything beginning to resemble evidence that it's even possible to have "unnecessary" streetcar service, let alone why anyone would think I was suggesting there be "unnecessary" service. The 504 has 2 minute headways (on paper anyway), and it's still crush loads.

And I'll alert the 512 customers that some hairdo on the internet is satisfied that their service does not require improvement.

Seriously?

So, for example, 2 minute headways at 3am wouldn't be superfluous service? Damn, next you'll tell me that running GO trains every five minutes 24 hours a day is a necessary level of service.

There IS such a thing as superfluous service that is an inefficient use of resources. Not wanting to believe it doesn't change that.

Seriously?

So, for example, 2 minute headways at 3am wouldn't be superfluous service? Damn, next you'll tell me that running GO trains every five minutes 24 hours a day is a necessary level of service.

There IS such a thing as superfluous service that is an inefficient use of resources. Not wanting to believe it doesn't change that.

You misunderstand, it all has to do with antiquing. :D

I like muppet as an insult, myself.

It's cute anyway because I didn't disagree with the idea that some streetcar routes could use better service at some times...I was just curious about how it was "back in the day".

Now, if you'll excuse me, this particular hairdo has a Queen streetcar to catch....wouldn't want to have to stand at the stop for five minutes...it might kill me.

This signage doesn't seem like much 'bang'.

They wouldn't be going for 'bang' with the signage. They had two days of exposure on every news program, newspaper and blog in this city. As I mentioned before, that exposure is worth more than having your name on a little sign that only a few hundred to a few thousand will see, if they even notice it.

They wouldn't be going for 'bang' with the signage. They had two days of exposure on every news program, newspaper and blog in this city. As I mentioned before, that exposure is worth more than having your name on a little sign that only a few hundred to a few thousand will see, if they even notice it.

This big 'exposure' was GFL cancelling their offer due to conflict of interest. And I doubt the exposure of MLSE's contribution is going to make Maple Leafs season ticket holders any happier.

Toronto on hook for $100 million in rail costs

Toronto taxpayers are set to hand the Ontario government almost $100 million over “several†years for work done as part of regional rail expansion and electrification.

At the same time, the provincial and federal governments are refusing to pay a penny of $60 million requested by the city as their share of Union Station revitalization cost overruns, according to a city staff report.

So, three elements to this, from what I understand.

1. $95.5 million: Shared cost of Georgetown South grade separations and city utility relocation. Based on typical cost-sharing agreements established with railways.

2. $20 million (out of $40 million): Cost overrun for the northwest PATH connection. City is demanding half be paid by the province.

3. $40 million (out of $80 million): Cost overrun for Union Station. City is demanding feds pay $15 million and province pay $25 million.

So on top, that's another $60 million the city could be on the hook for in terms of costs they though they were sharing. The City is retaliating by withholding a $20 million annual contribution to GO capital costs. Be interested to see Tory stick handle this one.

He said on all routes at all times.

Do you want the 512 running every 2 minutes at 4 AM then? Or do you agree with the poster you just were very rude to?

If he does a reasonable job, incumbency will help him be re-elected. Of course, that is a long time away, so I am not really focusing on it.

As for term limits, my councillor has been there since 2003 and I don't object to him running again if he chooses.

Back