News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Of course Ford never followed up. Good to see Tory doing things properly.
I still don't get it. Rob Ford wasn't the only politician on that last trip. There were at least three accompanying not drug addicted councillors who could have followed up if there was anything to follow up on. If I remember Ford's trip correctly it seemed to be announced like four days before they left, a spur of the moment thing which resulted in awkward Rob Ford being the only guy in a suit at an outdoor concert. It's not like Toronto is unfamilar with staging large arts celebrations. It even has a music event inspired right down to the name by the Austin festival. How much involvement by politicians is a good thing for arts festivals? I wonder how many NXNE performances John Tory attends in an average June. It's like Tory believes his role is to be Ford without the rough edges, all shiny shiny from a lifetime of boardroom polishing walking over the same steps.

https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/578625433815662592

BREAKING #TTC CEO Andy Byford announces big staffing changes at TTC #TOpoli

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/03/19/tory-miller-in-bid-to-retire-soknackis-campaign-debt

Every former and current mayor but Ford is helping Soknacki pay off campaign debt.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainmen...great-vibe-from-austins-sxsw-music-fest.html#

Tory's impression of SXSW.

CP24 ‏@CP24 5s5 seconds ago
Mayor Tory is LIVE on CP24 @ 8 p.m. for a Q&A with our viewers. Tweet us your questions. Use #AsktheMayorCP24 #topoli

Nice to see CP2Ford admit that he is the mayor!

Last edited:
City of Toronto ombudsman Fiona Crean says she is stepping down to avoid a reappointment battle that would see her city council enemies harm the office and its ability to act as a watchdog on behalf of residents. Crean told reporters Monday that after past acrimonious debates over her future, and with city council largely ignoring her plea for more resources, she decided in the past week to leave when her term ends in November. “I’ve looked at the nature of divisiveness created by debates on my reappointment and . . . decided that this was harming my office, it was harming services to the public, it’s harming oversight accountability at the city,” said Crean, who became Toronto’s first ombudsman in 2009.

I'm disgusted with city council, and the mayor who can talk a lot about accountability but appoints a bunch of Ford toadies to his team and refuses to properly fund her office. Right wingers hate being held accountable.

http://t.thestar.com/?referrer=#/ar...wnfall-was-doing-her-job-too-well-keenan.html

Last edited:
I'm disgusted with city council, and the mayor who can talk a lot about accountability but appoints a bunch of Ford toadies to his team and refuses to properly fund her office. Right wingers hate being held accountable.
Seems like most of the left-wingers also didn't like her.

How are Google operations in Austin any different than Google operations in Toronto? If anything I'd expect more in Toronto, being as it is for Google their branch the largest city in a whole other country. I don't get this trip. Nothing of any note seemed to come of Ford's jaunt down there, and now here goes Tory
repeating it so early in his term (weren't Colle and Thompson along the first time?). Is it because it's a trip he can take without facing bullheaded Ford criticism that it's a junket that disrepects taxpayer dollars?

I hope he is ringing a loud bell around north by northeast. This is an existing event with some history. So far it has been a bit of an insiders festival, and it may have been better attended several years ago. Fact is, some great music people have worked on it year in, year out and I'd like to see it thrive. The recent Juno awards reminded me how cool Canadian music can be.

I have played twice at NXNE (some years back, admittedly), and the best part was mixing with the out-of-town bands who came to play. It was a breath of fresh air to play on Queen West without supreme attitude emanating from my fellow musicians, as was usually the case.

NXNE gave T.O. musos both the opportunity for wider exposure, and to get over themselves. Toronto's insecurity runs deep, and events like NXNE go a long way toward repairing that.

Don Peat
@reporterdonpeat
Montreal Mayor @DenisCoderre's office confirms he's meeting with Mayor John Tory tomorrow morning at Toronto City Hall #TOpoli

A mayor that people actually want to meet.

Ann Hui @annhui
Mayor Tory is having an 8 AM press conference tomorrow morning with Montreal mayor Denis Coderre. 8 AM.

Last edited:
8 AM. John Tory would have been at City Hall for over an hour by then. And he wouldn't be yawning either.

I have played twice at NXNE (some years back, admittedly), and the best part was mixing with the out-of-town bands who came to play. It was a breath of fresh air to play on Queen West without supreme attitude emanating from my fellow musicians, as was usually the case.

NXNE gave T.O. musos both the opportunity for wider exposure, and to get over themselves. Toronto's insecurity runs deep, and events like NXNE go a long way toward repairing that.

I just had a peek at the NXNE web site. They have been at it for 21 years. You can hear a free tune from about 40 acts who will be there this June. As for you L-D I bet we crossed paths. Favorite T.O. Act? Ill go first. Garbagemen. ☺

I want to add that Austin is cool. It has a young and getting younger population. Enjoys a great growth rate tempered by strict sane planning rules ( ahem Mr. Tory this takes staffing and budgeting)..There are so many great things to emulate, I for one hope he learns plenty. We cant be a desert oasis but we can be a thriving, beautiful city that attracts the best of the best and then engages those people with its beauty and friendliness. PLANNING is key.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 3m3 minutes ago
"I want to see a more robust show off hands. Wake you up!" Mayor John Tory jokes to executive committee #TOpoli

I appreciate the energy level from Tory.

Yeah, it took long enough for someone to call him out.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 25m25 minutes ago
Other than challenging Ford at city council, new-sheriff-in-town Tory has yet to single someone out so directly. Gets applause at committee.

From one of the Taxi people:

amarjeet k chhabra ‏@amarkchhabra 22m22 minutes ago
.@jpags He was very disrespectful to the drivers yesterday. Good on @JohnTory for raising this. #TOpoli

Back