News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Last edited:
The ranked ballots would also be scantron.

The current vote tabulating machines are due for replacement. That's part of why the ranked ballots issue has come up now, if they need to be replaced anyway this is the perfect time to replace them with ranked-capable machines.

There where about ~60 mayor candidates if I recall in the last election. So what happens if I want to rank 10 choices? or 20? or 30? Are we setting a limit on the number you can select?

There where about ~60 mayor candidates if I recall in the last election. So what happens if I want to rank 10 choices? or 20? or 30? Are we setting a limit on the number you can select?
Lots of different ways to do it. For wide open races like mayor a 1-2-3 ballot makes sense.

The Australian system allows slates so you can tick off one box and have some or all of your votes cast automatically.

Companies with a market value above C$500 million ($392 million) based in Toronto have handed investors a 3.8 percent return this year compared with the 0.1 percent gain from firms based elsewhere in Canada, including Vancouver and Calgary, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
[...]
“Smokin’,” was how Robert Kavcic, senior economist at Bank of Montreal, described Toronto’s job growth in a July 10 note to clients. The city added 95,000 jobs in the first six months of 2015, one of the strongest on record, according to Kavcic. The unemployment rate dropped to 6.9 percent in June from 7.9 percent a year ago, in line with the national average, according to Statistics Canada.
http://washpost.bloomberg.com/Story?docId=1376-NR8MKF6K50XU01-6441044Q5PHOJJJ4MA6ROJNTNL

Lots of different ways to do it. For wide open races like mayor a 1-2-3 ballot makes sense.

The Australian system allows slates so you can tick off one box and have some or all of your votes cast automatically.

I know there is a lost of different ways on it works, and that's what we have to talk about before we go into the next election and before it goes before city council, is what we want setup out of this system.

And the Australian system is still hand counted and tallied. You have to write 1 through Nth on the voting card and it's counted by hand and results are phoned into the "Divisional Returning Officer".

I know there is a lost of different ways on it works, and that's what we have to talk about before we go into the next election and before it goes before city council, is what we want setup out of this system.

And the Australian system is still hand counted and tallied. You have to write 1 through Nth on the voting card and it's counted by hand and results are phoned into the "Divisional Returning Officer".
Yeah - the Australian system is completely unworkable.

The media is going off on Tory because he didn't know who Kanye West was. As someone is well aware of who he is, I say that not knowing is a good thing! Plus, is a 61 year old white man in Kanye's target demographic?

The media is going off on Tory because he didn't know who Kanye West was. As someone is well aware of who he is, I say that not knowing is a good thing! Plus, is a 61 year old white man in Kanye's target demographic?

Tory called Kanye a product of Toronto Music industry, is what the media is jumping on. Still, he's 61 years old, I don't expect him to know, like or listen to any of Kanye's music, but the fault lies with his staff for not briefing him on who Kanye is and where he's from. In the end, I feel bad for him and he should get a pass on this.

This is hilarious. I love our mayor even more now.

He probably confused Drake and Kanye. Imo I respect him for knowing neither.

Drake and Kanye West are some of the most accomplished entertainers of our time. If you don't know who they are, you may embarrass yourself. Drake has contributed a lot to the city.

Drake and Kanye West are some of the most accomplished entertainers of our time. If you don't know who they are, you may embarrass yourself. Drake has contributed a lot to the city.

Of our time, not of his time. The fact that he didn't know who Kanye West is shouldn't be news worthy.

Back