News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Yeah, his sole purpose was to make Tory look bad. Between yesterday morning and that presser, someone talked to to him and was rather persuasive.

Well, it wasn't like shooting oneself further in one foot would be germane to his goals, considering the way the public opinion wind is blowing.

AoD

I am trying to imagine what it would be like to have Doug Ford handling the NBA All-Star Weekend. It wouldn't be pretty.

So John Tory is going to become the mayor who completes Transit City. What a rollercoaster ride this has been.

So John Tory is going to become the mayor who completes Transit City. What a rollercoaster ride this has been.
Transit City? I think you have been buying FF Nation rhetoic.

Instead of a Don Mills LRT from Transit City, they could be going with the (Downtown) Relief Line for the first phase, with a Don Mills extension as a phase two.

Note that John Tory is using parts of Olivia Chow's transit ideas, and not Rob Ford's anti-transit ideas.

Instead of a Don Mills LRT from Transit City, they could be going with the (Downtown) Relief Line for the first phase, with a Don Mills extension as a phase two.

Note that John Tory is using parts of Olivia Chow's transit ideas, and not Rob Ford's anti-transit ideas.

Tory isn't doing anything. The vast majority of this stuff is from city and provincial staff.

What Tory isn't doing (which Ford allegedly did) is keeping them muzzled through threats of violence/firing.

I generally like what Tory is doing, but he can't be so stubborn about raising taxes. If it means more services and infrastructure, please raise them!

Tory isn't doing anything. The vast majority of this stuff is from city and provincial staff.

What Tory isn't doing (which Ford allegedly did) is keeping them muzzled through threats of violence/firing.

Violence?

Violence?

Sure, maybe they weren't signalling it intentionally but they have a habit of getting hot under the collar, thumping their chests, and yelling in your face. Many staff were not comfortable being in the same room as them when bad news was being presented (whether they were giving the information or not).

It wasn't exactly a pleasant work environment. Threats of violence != actual violence; but if my boss was appeared to be running the edge of throwing shit during a hissy fit, I'd bury anything non-essential too.

It look's like Tory has his back to the wall on the police budget. How likely is council to cut the usually unshakeable police budget?

John Tory attended the public meeting in Scarborough yesterday by the way. Wish I could have gotten a selfie. :)

Back